This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Digitas NewFront is an annual marketing conference first held during Internet Week New York. Hosted by Digitas and its brand content entity, The Third Act, the event's stated purpose is to "bring together content creators, distributors, talent and brands to harness creative media opportunities made possible in the age of digital marketing". In 2009, it was broadcast via public webcast. The event was produced by Amanda Anderson.
First launched in 2008, the event was titled "Digital Content NewFront". The event title was later shortened to "The NewFront" with the stated mission to "explore and help evolve the brand content and distribution landscape". The event showcased online video content companies like 60 Frames, MySpaceTV, MTV New Media, Generate, Next New Networks and Vuguru. Speakers and panelists included Michael Eisner, CEO of Tornate and Vuguru, former Disney CEO and Dmitry Shapiro, the founder of Veoh Networks.
In 2018, the NewFronts ran for one week rather than two.
Notable speakers and participants
- Al Gore, former Vice President and co-founder of Current TV.
- Tom Green, actor and comedian, led a live version of his digital talk show, Tom Green Live. Guests included: Craig Brewer, director, $5 Cover; Paula Deen, Paula Deen Enterprises and star of Get Cookin' with Paula Deen; Milo Ventimiglia, actor, producer and founder of Divide Pictures; Faith Ford, actress and host of MSN's original web series, Mind Body Balance; and Kevin Nalty, blogger and YouTube star.
- Daisy Whitney, multimedia reporter (ABCNews.com and KNTV) and host of her own show New Media Minute, led a panel on measuring brand content programs
- Kevin Pollak, actor and host of Kevin Pollak's Chat Show led a live version of his popular digital talk show. Guests included: Lisa Kudrow, the star of Web Therapy; Teri Hatcher, co-creator of GetHatched.com; Ben Silverman, founder and CEO of Electus; and Ricky Van Veen, founder of CollegeHumor and Notional.
- An opening keynote with Philip J. Crowley, former assistant secretary for public affairs at the State Department and Amr Salama, an Egyptian filmmaker and blogger.
- Live content pitches from Isabella Rossellini, Demi Moore, Amanda de Cadenet, Tyra Banks, Zachary Quinto, Neal Dodson, Soleil Moon Frye, and more.
- A talk with Ashton Kutcher about his digital entertainment company, Katalyst Media.
- A panel discussion on brands as publishers with executives Beth Comstock (General Electric), Susan Popper (SAP), Susan Sobbott (American Express OPEN), Steven Rosenbaum, author of Curation Nation, and John Battelle, as the moderator.
- A panel discussion with Robert Kyncl (Google), Rio Caraeff (Vevo), ?uestlove, and Rich Lehrfeld (American Express) discussed the shifting of strategies to scale to larger engaging experiences for fans.
- A round table discussion on how today's "modern family" consumes media with Kevin Jonas, 12-year-old singer/actress Jenna Rose, 11-year-old chef Lizzie Marie and actors Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, moderated by Jane Pratt.
- Emcees: JB Smoove & Ali Wentworth
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, Author of Too Big To Fail
- A panel discussion about digital authenticity with stars of the social screen led by Piers Morgan with Kristin Chenoweth, Felicia Day and Michelle Phan
- A discussion with Chief Marketing Officers led by Adam Ostrow, Chief Strategy Officer for Mashable, with Christa Carone (CMO, Xerox), Michael Lazerow (Founder, Chairman, CEO, Buddy Media) and Diego Scotti (CMO, J Crew)
- YouTube fashion stars Elle and Blair Fowler performed a live style haul
- Jonah Peretti (Founder & CEO, Buzzfeed) and Ron Faris (Head of Brand Marketing, Virgin Mobile) in a discussion about audience development
- Live content pitches from Heidi Klum, Anthony E. Zuiker, David van Eyssen
- Actress Rashida Jones launched her Twitter account live on-stage after a staged “Digital Intervention” by Bravo’s Andy Cohen, Mashable’s Pete Cashmore, moderated by Krista Smith (Vanity Fair)
- Media theorist Doug Rushkoff, Author of Present Shock: When Everything Happens Now 
- Tina Brown, Mark-Hans Richer (CMO, Harley Davidson), and Jules Daly (President, RSA), in a storymaking discussion led by transmedia storyteller Alison Norrington of storycentralDIGITAL
- David Karp (Founder & CEO, Tumblr)
- Adam Bain (President, Global Revenue, Twitter) and Peter Vesterbacka (Rovio Entertainment, the creators behind the video game franchise Angry Birds), in conversation led by John McCarus (Digitas)
- Arianna Huffington
- Eric Hippeau (Partner, Lerer Ventures)
- A "Brands as Software" discussion between Richelle Parham (CMO, eBay), Bob Kupbens (VP, Marketing & Digital Commerce, Delta), moderated by Jason Spero (Global Head of Performance Media, Google)
- Blake Shaw (Data Scientist, Foursquare)
- Amy Kavanaugh (Chief Public Affairs Officer, Taco Bell) & Juliet Corsinita (VP, Media and Brand Partnerships, Taco Bell)
- Brian Wong, Founder of Kiip
- Steve Martin in a discussion with Joe Levy (Billboard)
- Expanded to Europe, held in the UK 
- Expanded to Asia, held in Singapore 
- "unknown page". www.thenewfront.com.
- McCarthy, Caroline (June 5, 2009). "Who’s afraid of online video? Not Michael Eisner". CNET.
- Lafayette, Jon (April 30, 2018). "Shorter NewFronts Highlight Bigger Content Players". Broadcasting & Cable: 10–13.
- McCarthy, Caroline (June 3, 2009). "Al Gore wants to save advertising, too", CNET.
- "The NewFronts 2009" Archived February 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. digitalcontentnewfront.com.
- "Disney Family - Recipes, Crafts and Activities". Disney Family.
- "Digitas and The Third Act: Present Digital Content NewFront 2010" Archived June 8, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. pitchengine.com.
- "What Not to Do on Social Media". clickz.com.
- "Egypte : le social média nous a rendu notre dignité" (in French), Petit Web, June 14, 2011.
- "Isabella Rossellini Goes From Porno to Parenting". Tubefilter.com.
- Oldenburg, Ann (June 20, 2011). "Demi Does New York; Kanye West and Mary-Kate Olsen?", USA Today, June 10, 2011
- Griffith, Erin (June 9, 2011). "Tea Time With Tyra", AdWeek.
- "Digitas, Kraft Dive in with Hersay" Archived July 7, 2012, at Archive.today Bostinnovation.com.
- "Life Images". Life Magazine online.[failed verification]
- "Ashton Kutcher Urges Marketers to Disrupt" Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Scene.yahoo.com.
- "Oublier le juridique pour entrer dans la conversation" (in French), Petit Web, June 14, 2011.
- Griffith, Erin (June 9, 2011). "Brands Love Content When They Make It", AdWeek.
- "Story-Telling: The New Way to Market" Archived June 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Scene.yahoo.com.
- "Exploring the New Front Between Entertainment and Advertising". Onlinevideo.net. June 2011.
- "Jane Pratt Hosts Modern Family Panel with Tori Spelling and Kevin Jonas" Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Saymedia.com. June 2011.
- "My Week in Photos: Michelle Phan Archived May 7, 2014, at Archive.today MichellePhan.com. April 2012.
- "NewFronts Make Bids for Big Marketing Dollars" New York Times. April 2012.
- Digitas (May 23, 2012). "Digitas NewFront 2012: A Digital Intervention for Rashida Jones" – via YouTube.
- "Tom Hanks, Anthony Zuiker, Microsoft Kinect at the Digitas NewFront" Adweek. April 2012.
- “Put Down the Botox and Join Real Life” Direct Marketing News. May 2013.
- “Digitas and Huff Post Attempt ‘Real-Time’ Native Ads” Ad Exchanger. May 2013.
- “Digitas NewFront Extolls the Power of Now, Focuses on the Message” Streaming Media. May 2013.
- "DigitasLBi". www.digitaslbi.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Data-driven points of view: Tripadvisor, Spotify, Uber and DigitasLBi on data". The Drum. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Samardak, Kelly (June 4, 2009). “Just An Online Minute...You're Either Newfront Or You're Oldbehind and "Just An Online Minute... Green Beer And Faith Butter At The Newfronts". MediaPost.
- Reagan, Gillian (May 25, 2009). “The Observer’s Guide to Geekery at Internet Week New York” – The New York Observer.
- Lombardi, Gian (June 9, 2008). “Digitas’ NewFront Event in NYC”. Take 2 Video Blog.
- Shields, Mike (June 5, 2008). ” 'Digital Newfront' Weighs Web Video Gains, Goals”. Mediaweek.
Media related to Digitas NewFront at Wikimedia Commons