Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dihydroxybenzoic acids (DHBA) are a type of phenolic acids.
There are six main compounds, having all the same molecular formula C7H6O4. Those are:
- 2,3-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (2-Pyrocatechuic acid or hypogallic acid)
- 2,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (β-Resorcylic acid)
- 2,5-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (Gentisic acid)
- 2,6-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (γ-Resorcylic acid)
- 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (Protocatechuic acid)
- 3,5-Dihydroxybenzoic acid (α-Resorcylic acid)
Orsellinic acid is also a dihydoxybenzoic acid having an extra methyl group.
| set index page lists chemical compounds articles associated with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.