|Preferred IUPAC name
3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||418.618 g·mol−1|
|Appearance||Oily viscous liquid|
|Melting point||−43 °C (−45 °F; 230 K)|
|Boiling point||244 to 252 °C (471 to 486 °F; 517 to 525 K) at 0.7 kPa|
|<0.01 g/mL at 20 °C|
|Viscosity||64 to 265 mPa·s|
|Flash point||221 °C (430 °F; 494 K) (c.c.)|
|380 °C (716 °F; 653 K)|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Diisononyl phthalate (DINP) is a phthalate used as a plasticizer. DINP is typically a mixture of chemical compounds consisting of various isononyl esters of phthalic acid, and is commonly used in a large variety of plastic items.
Studies find that exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of DINP in zebrafish disrupt the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and affect reproduction in a gender specific manner, and have other adverse effects on aquatic organisms, as DINP upregulates orexigenic signals and causes hepatosteatosis together with deregulation of the peripheral ECS and lipid metabolism.
ECHA's Risk Assessment Committee (RAC) has concluded, on March 7 2018, that Di-isononyl phthalate (DINP) does not warrant classification for reprotoxic effects under the EU's Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) regulation 
- Diisononyl phthalate at Inchem.org
- "EU legislative list for food contact materials".
- "State of California, Chemicals known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity, January 3, 2014" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-01-10.
- Forner-Piquer, Isabel; Santangeli, Stefania; Maradonna, Francesca; Rabbito, Alessandro; Piscitelli, Fabiana; Habibi, Hamid R.; Di Marzo, Vincenzo; Carnevali, Oliana (2018-10-01). "Disruption of the gonadal endocannabinoid system in zebrafish exposed to diisononyl phthalate". Environmental Pollution. 241: 1–8. doi:10.1016/j.envpol.2018.05.007. ISSN 0269-7491. PMID 29793103.
- Forner-Piquer, Isabel; Maradonna, Francesca; Gioacchini, Giorgia; Santangeli, Stefania; Allarà, Marco; Piscitelli, Fabiana; Habibi, Hamid R; Di Marzo, Vincenzo; Carnevali, Oliana (2017-08-14). "Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish". Endocrinology. 158 (10): 3462–3476. doi:10.1210/en.2017-00458. ISSN 0013-7227. PMID 28938452.