|No. 21 – BC Nizhny Novgorod|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||VTB United League
March 23, 1983 |
Los Angeles, California
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (201 cm)|
|Listed weight||193.6 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||Redondo Union
(Redondo Beach, California)
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54th overall|
|Selected by the New York Knicks|
|Pro playing career||2005–present|
|2010–2011||Spartak St. Petersburg|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dijon Lynn Thompson (born March 23, 1983) is an American professional basketball player. While he played mainly at the shooting guard position in his early career, he proved he can also play as a small forward, during his European years.
Thompson was chosen by the New York Knicks in the second round of the 2005 NBA Draft (54th pick overall), being soon traded along with forward-center Kurt Thomas to the Phoenix Suns, in exchange for guard Quentin Richardson, the draft rights to guard Nate Robinson and cash considerations. On November 4, 2005 the Suns assigned him to the Albuquerque Thunderbirds of the NBA D-League where he averaged 20.3 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 4.0 assists per game.
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs. UCLA Bruins - Recap - February 10, 2005 - ESPN
- Notes: D.C. celebrates Arenas' 25th birthday; Hawks add Dijon Thompson
- ALBA acquires Dijon Thompson and Dragan Dojcin; Koko Archibong leaves Berlin. (German)
- Dijon Thompson and ALBA Berlin part ways
- Geschäftsführer Baldi stellt sich vor Trainer Pavicevic (German)
- Azovmash lands Thompson, Rizvic
- Asvel Baskets adds versatile forward Thompson
- "Dijon Thompson moves to Nizhny Novgorod". Sportando.net. September 4, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.