Dil Boley Oberoi
|Dil Boley Oberoi|
|Directed by||Lalit Mohan|
|Opening theme||"O Saathiya" by Pamela Jain|
|Ending theme||"O Saathiya" by Bhaven Dhanak|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Running time||21 min|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||13 February 2017– 7 July 2017|
Dil Boley Oberoi (English: Heart Says Oberoi) is an Indian drama television series which was broadcast on Star Plus. It is the twelfth television series of 4 Lions Films and spin-off of theIshqbaaaz. After the success of the Mahasangam i.e. crossover episodes of Ishqbaaaz and Dil Boley Oberoi, producer Gul Khan decided to merge the two series back into a single show as that would fix the target rating point (TRP) differences of the two series as well as restore link between the events of the two series. Making a one script show would allow the creative team to showcase the much-awaited bromance among the three Oberoi brothers and also ensure better interaction among the characters. Taking into account all the aforementioned reasons, the story line of Dil Boley Oberoi was merged with Ishqbaaaz on 10 July 2017; and from then on, Ishqbaaaz began to be broadcast for one hour.
- Omkara–Gauri "RiKara" love story
Circumstances have forced Omkara Singh Oberoi to despise the idea of love, and have made him distant from the very relationships he once used to cherish, because of traumatic past experiences; be it his father Tej's affair with his secretary Svetlana and his betrayal to Om's mother Jhanvi, or be it his experience of being easily fooled by women (Riddhima and Ishana), who have hurt his emotions. Then Bareilly-based Gauri Kumari Sharma enters his life, whom he looks down upon as an opportunistic, greedy and characterless girl while in reality, Gauri is a caring girl who values relationships and is devoted to Lord Shiva. Under unforeseen circumstances, both get married but due to uncleared misunderstandings between them, Omkara develops a deep hatred for Gauri and leaves her right after marriage. Subsequently, Gauri, in Chulbul's disguise enters Omkara's home - the Oberoi Mansion and during her time as a domestic help there, she grows very close to him and also plays an active role in making Omkara's mission to expose Svetlana and to get rid of her from their lives, a success. Meanwhile, Kaali Thakur, the local landowner and don of Bareilly returns to Gauri's life seeking revenge as Gauri had left him at the altar. Kaali Thakur and Svetlana team up and manipulate Tej against Jhanvi and Omkara. However, Gauri (as Chulbul) with help from Rudra and Bua Maa (Dolly Oberoi) saves the day.
After finally getting rid of Svetlana and Kaali, Gauri has to face Omkara's wrath as he gets to know her true identity. Despite Omkara wanting to throw Gauri out of his life, Gauri still stands by his side, sacrificing her self-pride, to protect Omkara's life from Bua Maa (his aunt) whose sweet gestures were all pretend as she seeks vengeance for her son Ratan's accidental death when he was a child and was trying to save Om from drowning. Gauri exposes Bua Maa. Gauri decides to leave Omkara who by now has developed a soft corner for Gauri and learning from his previous mistakes, decides to give their relationship another chance. This marks the end of Dil Boley Oberoi and Omkara and Gauri's story continues in Ishqbaaaz, where they have to face more hurdles due to misunderstandings and mistrust in their relationship before finally realizing their feelings for each other.
- Rudra-Saumya "RuMya" love story
Dil Boley Oberoi marks the continuation of Rudra and Saumya's relationship, initially shown in Ishqbaaaz, where it was shown that Rudra's antics and his arrogance towards Saumya had already put a dent in their relationship. Despite Saumya's repeated efforts to save their drowning relationship, Rudra holds her responsible for the growing tension between his father Tej and elder brother Omkara, and for the other problems of his family, leaving Saumya devastated. Their paths cross again when they are taking the same flight to a mutual friend’s engagement. The flight's hijacking leads Saumya and Rudra to work together to save the plane from crashing, but their differences remain, and Saumya realizes that it is high time they ended things. She visits him for the last time, and tells him that they are better off as friends. She then leaves for Australia to pursue higher studies after parting on good terms with Rudra.
- Rudra-Bhavya "RuVya" love story
After his break-up with Saumya, Rudra gets romantically involved with Assistant Commissioner of Police Bhavya Pratap Rathore who is introduced in the series as his new love interest. The fierce Bhavya portrays herself as a cute, shy, and nervous girl in front of Rudra to trap him in an undercover mission against an underworld gangster, infamously known as Sultan. She has a personal score to settle with him as he had killed her parents in a bomb blast. After the Sultan-track (the mystery of which has yet not been uncovered) gets scripted out of the series, Rudra lets go of Bhavya’s previous lies to him and they mutually enter into a relationship upon realizing their feelings for each other. Their love-hate relationship now continues in the main show, Ishqbaaaz.
Cast and characters
- Kunal Jaisingh as Omkara Singh Oberoi - A world-class artist by profession whose signature long hair symbolizes his unique artistic approach, calm level-headed temperament, caring nature and most-importantly, his honest mindset. His loss of interest in the family business is one of the many reasons behind his conflict with his father, Tej whom he despises for betraying her mother causing her many sufferings in life. Due to primarily these reasons, it takes him time and much effort to enter into as well as stay in relationships and is prone to suspicion and jealousy. Circumstances made him cold, harsh and distant to others, and he gets engaged to Svetlana, his father's mistress to stop their affair (for his mother, Jhanvi's happiness); however, he ends up marrying Gauri. After they together expose Svetlana as well as BuaMaa, they both decide to give their relationship another chance. He is Gauri's husband, Rudra-Priyanka's elder brother and Shivaay's younger cousin. (2017)
- Shrenu Parikh as Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi/Chulbul/chutki(anika'slong lost sister) - A strong-willed, smart, sharp (at times), devoted and caring girl with a great sense of humour, whom Omkara marries under certain circumstances to prevent Kaali Thakur (the local don of her home-town, Bareilly) from marrying her against her will, but leaves her as he opines her to be a greedy and opportunistic woman. Later Gauri, disguised as a man, “Chulbul” and served as a domestic help to Omkara and was chiefly responsible for unveiling evil Svetlana’s secret and throwing her out of the Oberoi Mansion. After her disguise was revealed (during the time she finally got rid of Kaali Thakur), Omkara hated her even more, always ending up hurting her.After Gauri's selfless act in protecting Omkara from BuaMaa, Omkara decides to give their relationship another chance and accepts Gauri as his wife. (2017)
- Leenesh Mattoo as Rudra Singh Oberoi - A handsome hunk who, by nature, is a show-off and Casanova, and can be insensible and arrogant at times; and is idiotic and unreasonable to some extent. His hot-headed and reckless behaviour causes him to hurt the feelings of his romantic interest, Saumya who later breaks up with him. He later gets involved with ACP Bhavya who has been introduced in the series as his new love interest. He is the third and youngest Oberoi Brother, Tej-Jhanvi’s younger son, Omkara-Priyanka’s sibling, Shivaay’s younger cousin brother. (2017)
- Nehalaxmi Iyer as Saumya Rudra Singh Oberoi - Rudra's close friend and first romantic interest, and in one sense, his illegal ex-wife. Rudra and Saumya often had cat-fights due to their conflicting personalities. Once, they got drunk and got married subconsciously without even realizing the essence of it. Rudra didn't believe in the marriage, and also held Saumya responsible for the problems that arose when their marriage video got leaked. His antics and arrogant behaviour left Saumya devastated and she realized that it was high time to end things, and chose to leave for Australia for pursuing higher education. Rudra and Saumya though still consider themselves each other’s good friend and well-wisher. (2017)
- Mansi Srivastava as ACP Bhavya Pratap Rathore - A confident, fierce , strong-willed, responsible, honest IPS officer who portrays herself as a cute, shy and nervous girl in front of Rudra to trap him in an undercover mission. She is the second love interest of Rudra in the "Ishqbaaaz"-"Dil Boley Oberoi" series. Later Rudra lets go of Bhavya’s previous lies to him, and they mutually enter into a relationship upon realizing their lingering feelings for each other. (2017)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Svetlana Kapoor - A cunning, extremely intelligent, smart, tactful and opportunistic woman who had initially been the secretary of Tej Singh Oberoi but manipulated and wooed him, causing him to enter into an extra-marital affair with her. She continued to fake love for Tej for years and became his mistress just for securing her place in the Oberoi empire, money-grabbing being her sole intention. Thoug Tej continuosly met all her demands for a classy lifestyle, he couldn’t confer upon him the title of “Mrs. Oberoi”, something she so desperately seeks for. To fulfil this desire, Svetlana made a deal with Omkara that if he marries her she shall leave Tej forever, something that would ensure his mother, Jahnvi’s happiness. However, it was soon revealed that the “Svetlana” in question was not the real Svetlana Kapoor but someone who was the RealLana’s friend and Kaali Thakur’s lover, who has betrayed them and put on this identity just on purpose. After the RealLana is rescued by Omkara-Gauri, all of FakeLana’s crimes are revealed and she is thrown in jail. Svetlana is the Vamp of the "Ishqbaaaz"-"Dil Boley Oberoi" series. (2017)
- Mahesh Thakur as Tej Singh Oberoi - The Head of the Oberoi Empire and a harsh and cold businessman, for whom profit in business and rise in stocks is all what matters. He betrayed his wife, Jhanvi by having an affair with his former secretary, Svetlana; and this affected Omkara in particular, causing him to not even consider Tej as his father. After even going to the extent of killing his own son Omkara for accomplishing his marriage with Svetlana, Tej leaves the Oberoi Mansion temporarily and moves over to his farmhouse, waiting for the situation to calm down a bit. (2017)
- Mreenal Deshraj as Jhanvi Tej Singh Oberoi - A soft-hearted, kind and generous lady who, like her son Omkara, is very delicate when it comes to betrayal in relationships. She was formerly associated with the family business and had always craved for love from her husband, Tej. Her husband's infidelity led Jhanvi to become an alcoholic and that again led Omakara to get addicted to drugs as well. She has always sought for Tej, but as of the "Dil Boley Oberoi" series, this very desire of her remains unfulfilled. (2017)
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Dolly Singh Oberoi "Buamaa" - Kalyani’s sister-in-law and is Omkara's beloved aunt, whom he considered more than his mother. She originally portrayed herself as a sweet and gentle woman. However, she has mental problem, trying to avenge her son's death accidentally caused by Omkara in the past. After she is exposed by Gauri, she fakes absolute mental disbalance and goes to the Mental Asylum to escape jail punishment for her misdeeds. She is the fourth villain of Dil Boley Oberoi after Svetlana, Kaali and Sultan (2017)
- Navnindra Behl as Kalyani Prithviraj Singh Oberoi - Late Prithviraj Singh Oberoi’s wife and the matriarch of the Oberoi family. She is very sweet and generous in nature and is Tej-Shakti's mother and Shivaay, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's grandmother. (2017)
- Rahul Dev as Kaali Thakur (2017), - A landlord and local don of Bareilly, who wanted to get Gauri by forcefully marrying her, but failed in this wicked lewd attempt of his twice. It was revealed that in the past he had a bondage-kind of relationship with the FakeLana. Along with Svetlana and BuaMaa, he is the third main villain of the "Dil Boley Oberoi" series. (2017)
- Nakuul Mehta as Shivaay Singh Oberoi “SSO”/ Billu - A leading businessman and heir to the Oberoi Industries. He used to judge a person on his name, caste and blood, but his conception changed after he met and subsequently fell in love with Anika. He is Omkara and Rudra’s elder cousin brother with whom he shares a very deep and emotional bond, and also acts as a guardian to the entire family. Besides, he is Shakti-Pinky’s son and Anika's husband. (2017)
- Surbhi Chandna as Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi - A lower-middle-class woman who used to live in a colony with her adoptive brother, and is independent, free-spirited and hard-working by nature, though she can be as cute and bubbly at times and has her own unique stock of words. She is Shivaay's wife and is hinted to be the long-lost biological sister of Gauri. (2017)
- Subha Rajput as Priyanka Singh Randhawa (née Singh Oberoi) - Omkara & Rudra's younger sister, Tej-Jhanvi’s daughter. A quiet, studious, shy and nervous girl who gradually overcomes her shyness in dealing with Ranveer's harassment. Later Ranveer tricks him into marrying her, but after the wedding, Priyanka’s purity, devotion and warmth melts Ranveer’s heart and he too truly falls in love with her, much to the dismay of wicked Kamini. (2017)
- Ayush Anand as Ranveer Singh Randhawa - Priyanka's husband, and a former ACP officer. Kamini’s friend’s son and her adoptive son whom Kamini used to take her revenge against the Oberoi’s, but Priyanka’s love changes him for the better. (2017)
- Nitin Bhatia as Nandi - Gauri's sworn brother, who is a struggling actor and gives Gauri shelter at his place when she first arrived in Mumbai. (2017)
- Sara Khan as Mohini - Aditya's ex-girlfriend, a mentally-disturbed girl who seeks revenge and for that hijacked Rudra's flight. (extended cameo appearance) (2017)
- Nidhi Uttam as Jhanvi Kali Thakur - Kali Thakur's late wife, Kaali Thakur killed her by burning her alive. (2017)
- Sehrish Ali as Maya - Svetlana's assistant who on Svetlana's orders faked herself as a ghost to drive away Omkara's attention from Svetlana's actions. (2017)
- Mrinmai Kolwalkar as The real identity of fake Svetlana kapoor, who had taken up the face of real Svetlana by first resorting to a mask and then, by Plastic Surgery. (2017)
- Rakesh Srivastav as Mr. Dhurandhar - A court official hired by BuaMaa to bring Omkara-Gauri close to each other, for the success of her mission to get Omkara's son and raise him as her dead son, Ratan. (2017)
- Unknown as Dr. Dang - He was the only one who knew about svetlana's surgery because he was the surgeon. But before revieling the truth he was killed by Svetlana. (2017)
On 26 January 2017, First Promo of the Show was released. On 5 February 2017, the Second Promo of the Show was released which introduced Gauri Sharma (Shrenu Parikh), love interest of Omkara (Kunal Jaisingh).
Awards and nominations
|2017||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Naya Sadasya Male||Kunal Jaisingh||Won|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya Female||Shrenu Parikh||Nominated|
|Favourite Patni||Shrenu Parikh||Nominated|
|Favourite Beta||Kunal Jaisingh||Nominated|
|Most Stylish Sadasya||Reyhna Malhotra||Won|
|Boroplus Gold Awards||Best actor in negative Role||Rahul Dev||Nominated|
|Best debut lead role male||Kunal Jaisingh||Nominated|
- "Dil Boley Oberoi SoundTrack Album 2017". SoundCloud.
- "Ishqbaaaz's spin-off to replace Nikhil Advani's POW Bandhi Hum Yudh Ke". 23 January 2017. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Indian television's first spin-off show 'Dil Bole Oberoi' to go off air?". mid-day. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- "Ishqbaaz and Dil Bole Oberoi will be merging, both shows need each other: Producer Gul Khan". www.pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- "Bigg Boss 10 contestant Rahul Dev bags a TV show - Times of India". Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "The first promo of 'Dil Bole Oberoi' is here and it looks very promising - Times of India". Retrieved 29 January 2017.