Dil Se Dil Tak
|Dil Se Dil Tak|
Mohammed Iqbal Khan
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||345|
|Running time||20 minutes approx.|
|Production company||Shashi Sumeet Productions|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Audio format||Digital TV|
|Original release||30 January 2017 –|
1 June 2018
Dil Se Dil Tak (transl. From heart to heart) is an Indian Hindi-language television drama that aired on Colors TV. The show was loosely based on the 2001 Bollywood film Chori Chori Chupke Chupke.
Parth Bhanushali, the grandson and heir to the conservative and affluent Bhanushali family based in Baroda, falls in love with their employee, a Bengali girl named Shorvori Bhattacharya and marries her at the cost of being disowned by his family.
2 years later
Shorvori gets pregnant and Parth's family accepts her. However an unfortunate accident results in a miscarriage, rendering Shorvori infertile. Parth and Shorvori hide the miscarriage from the family. Teni, a carefree bubbly Gujarati girl who dreams of settling in US is chosen by the two as a surrogate in return for sending her to the US.
Teni gets pregnant with Parth and Shorvori's child through IVF. Shorvori introduces Teni as her cousin to the family as she begins to live with them. Later the family arranges for Teni's engagement but she manages to call it off proclaiming that she is in a relationship with Parth's friend Aman, who proposes to her and she accepts.
Teni wavers in her decision as she starts falling in love with Parth but decides to keep her word. However she ends up confessing her feelings to Parth. Meanwhile, his family is in turmoil after the revelations regarding Teni's pregnancy as Parth accepts the baby to be his. Aman breaks all ties with her and leaves. After some tension, Parth's family eventually accept the surrogacy situation.
Parth's mother Indu criticizes Shorvori for lying about her pregnancy. A distressed Shorvori asks Parth to stay away from Teni but a misunderstanding leads her to accuse him of cheating and she ends their relationship. Teni discovers that Shorvori has a fatal brain tumour and had pretended to leave Parth to help him deal with her impending death. Shorvori sends Parth divorce papers. She convinces Teni to keep her secret and marry him. Parth, however, rejects Teni's proposal and is suspicious of Shorvori's behaviour. He plans to confront Shorvori but she meets with an accident and dies before Teni's eyes.
Parth struggles to cope with the pain of losing Shorvori. Teni, following Shorvori's wish, finally convinces Parth to move on. Parth finds a video of Shorvori's accident on Teni's phone and accuses her of murdering Shorvori. Teni goes into premature labour and delivers a girl named Ipshita The P in Ipshita for Parth, S for Shorvori, and the T for Teni. With Teni's life in danger, Parth donates blood-saving her life and in return, Teni gives in to his demand that she leave the house.
Parth (now played by Rohan Gandotra) and his family hold a naming ceremony where Parth's sister, Jagruti's ex-fiancée, Rishabh kidnaps baby Ipshita. Parth teams up with Teni to find Rishabh to be the culprit. They discover that he has sold Ipshita to Madamji (Kanika Maheshwari), a trafficker. Teni rejoins Madamji's dance bar and she and Parth succeed in rescuing Ipshita. Parth realises Teni could never kill Shorvori and that he has fallen in love with Teni.
When Teni starts planning to leave for the US, Parth finally confesses his love and Teni accepts his marriage proposal. It is revealed that Shorvori is alive and had been in a coma. She arrives to reclaim Parth on his wedding day but seeing him with Teni, leaves. On her way she is eve teased and a recording of the incident makes it to the news. Parth and Teni decide to go to Nainital to find Shorvori.
In Nainital, Shorvori starts working as a music teacher. She avoids Parth and Teni wanting them to be together. Teni, on the other hand, decides to reunite them. Parth believes he was imagining Shorvori and consummates his marriage with Teni. However, the very next day, they come across Shorvori who is forced to accept her true identity.
Parth, Teni, Shorvori and Ipshita arrive home and the family is surprised. Teni tries to leave the family by hiring a lawyer and asking for hefty compensation. However, eventually, the three of them decide to live together with Teni and Shorvori as Parth's wives. Since the arrangement is illegal, Parth must choose. Teni sacrifices her love by manipulating the situation so Shorvori would get picked. Dadaji sees her sacrifice and decides she will live with them as their daughter. Misunderstandings arise between Shorvori and Teni. Teni is about to leave the house when she has a fall and loses her memory. The family bring her back home and help her regain her memory by making Teni take care of Ipshita, but their plan doesn’t work. Shorvori realises Parth loves Teni more than her and that their marital life isn’t the same anymore. However, she is understanding and gives him her blessings. Later, suspecting the Bhanushalis of wanting to sell her off, Teni runs away from their home.
6 years later
Shorvori has died and Teni has been missing all these years. The family miss Teni as they see her traits in Ipshita. Teni is leading a happy life in Delhi and has become a sales manager. She is about to marry Iqbal (Mohammed Iqbal Khan). Circumstances lead to Parth and Teni meeting each other and a confused Teni decides to move back to Baroda to find out about her past. The Bhanushalis tell Teni everything and try to make her remember. Though Teni recalls everything, she keeps pretending till Parth forced her to admit the truth. She regains her feelings for Parth again but still decides to marry Iqbal but he overhears her talking to Parth and calls off the wedding. He gives them his blessings as he just wants Teni to be happy.
As Iqbal leaves with his mother, Parth and Teni are finally reunited and they both live happily with their daughter and their family.
- Jasmin Bhasin as Teni Bhanushali: Parth's second wife, Ipshita's surrogate mother
- Rashami Desai as Shorvori Parth Bhanushali (néé Bhattacharya): Parth’s Former wife; Ipshita’s biological mother (2017−2018)
- Sidharth Shukla / Rohan Gandotra as Parth Bhanushali: Ramnik and Indu's son; Purushottam and Ambika's grandson; Shorvori’s Former husband; Teni's husband; Ipshita’s father (2017)/(2017−2018)
- Mohammed Iqbal Khan as Iqbal Khan: Teni's former fiancée (2018)
- Tej Sapru as Purushottam Bhanushali: Matriarch of Bhanushali’s family; Ambika’s husband; Ramnik and Jalpa’s father; Parth's grandfather (2017−2018)
- Dolly Minhas as Ambika Purushottam Bhanushali: Purushottam’s wife; Ramnik and Jalpa’s mother; Parth's grandmother (2017−2018)
- Sachin Parikh as Ramnik Bhanushali: Purushottam and Ambika’s eldest son; Indu’s husband; Parth and Jagruti’s father (2017−2018)
- Vaishnavi Mahant as Indu Bhanushali: Ramnik’s wife; Parth and Jagruti’s mother (2017−2018)
- Chhahat Tewani as Ipshita Bhanushali, Parth and Shorvori's daughter who was given birth by Teni (2018)
- Urvashi Upadhyay as Poyni Bhanushali; Indu’s elder sister who became her sister in law as she married Ramnik’s brother but then widowed; Parth's maternal aunt and Chachi
- Himani Sharma as Sejal Bhanushali, Poyni's daughter; Parth and Jagruti’s cousin sister and Suyog’s sister
- Khyati Keswani as Dr Jalpa Kumar / Jalpa Bhanushali: Purushottam and Ambika’s daughter; Parth’s paternal aunt, Bharat's wife; Sparsh’s foster mother, Jayu's mother
- Jignesh Joshi as Dr Bharat Kumar: Jalpa's husband; Jayu's and Sparsh’s father
- Gouri Agarwal as Jagruti Bhanushali; Ramnik and Indu’s daughter: Parth's younger sister; Rishabh ex-fiancé
- Mayank Arora as Rishabh: Jagruti's ex-fiancé; Sejal's former lover
- Kunal Verma as Aman Patel / Aman Bhanushali: Bhanushali family adopted grandson; Parth’s foster brother (2017)
- Karan Goddwani as Suyog Bhanushali: Parth's cousin brother; Forum's husband; Sejal's brother; Poyni's son (2017)
- Pooja Singh as Forum Suyog Bhanushali: Suyog's wife; Poyni's daughter in law, (2017)
- Kanika Maheshwari as Madamji, a trafficker (2017)
- Abhilash Chaudhary as Munna, a detective
- Puja Sharma as Priya: Bharat's ex-girlfriend Sparsh real mother
- Abha Parmar as Ammi: Iqbal's mother; Teni's ex-mother in law (2018)
- Zubeida Verma as Khala, Iqbal's maternal aunt
- Tamanna Arora as Rashida, Iqbal's ex-fiancée/cousin, Khala's daughter
- Vansh Sayani as Sparsh: Bharat's and Priya's son, Jalpa's stepson
- Samridh Bawa as Karan Singh Chauhan from Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman
- Sahil Uppal as Kunal Singh Chauhan from Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman
- Ankitta Sharma as Naina Karan Singh Chauhan from Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman
- Sangeita Chauhan as Meghna Kunal Singh Chauhan from Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman
- Avika Gor as Anushka Sangwan from Laado 2
This section may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2021)
Earlier, Mishal Raheja was finalised to play the Lead Role in the Series which was tentatively titled as Sangharsh. He was being considered for playing the Salman Khan's Character from the film Chori Chori Chupke Chupke on whose storyline this show is based upon. Then, there were also rumours that Shashank Vyas will play the lead, but he took up Jaana Na Dil Se Door, whom he has signed a year before. Later, in early September 2016, he was replaced by Sidharth Shukla to play the role. At about the same time, Jasmin Bhasin (last seen in Tashan-e-Ishq was finalised for the role which was played by Preity Zinta in Chori Chori Chupke Chupke. There were rumours that Chhavi Pandey would be romancing Mishal Raheja in the Series and would play the role of Rani Mukherjee from the film Chori Chori Chupke Chupke. There were also rumours that Ragini Nandwani would play the Female Lead in the show but she declined it. Sanjeeda Sheikh Tina Dutta, Sukirti Kandpal, Kritika Kamra, Aishwarya Sakhuja and Shraddha Arya were the actresses with whom the Production was also in talks to play the role of Rani Mukherjee from the film Chori Chori Chupke Chupke on whose storyline this show is based upon. Finally, in late September, Rashami Desai was chosen for the role from a group of talented actresses, like Chhavi Pandey, Sukirti Kandpal, Tina Dutta, Aishwarya Sakhuja, Kritika Kamra, Sanjeeda Sheikh and Shraddha Arya, who were short-listed for the role. Later, the Show's title was changed to Dil Se Dil Tak. Thus, Finally, Rashami Desai, Sidharth Shukla and Jasmin Bhasin were finalised to play the Lead Roles in Dil Se Dil Tak. In March 2017, Manish Raisinghan auditioned for the role played by Sidharth Shukla in the Show but later Sidharth Shukla decided not to walk out of the Show. After a few months, Rashami Desai's Character was shown to have been killed in a car accident when she decided to walk out of the Show. Later, in December 2017, Sidharth Shukla finally left the show and was replaced by Rohan Gandotra. In January 2018, Rashami Desai made a comeback in the Series but finally left the Series in March 2018 when her character was shown to have died in the show. Mohammed Iqbal Khan has most recently entered the Series to play the Lead Role along with Rohan and Jasmin. It then starred Rohan Gandotra, Jasmin Bhasin and Mohammed Iqbal Khan in the Lead Role.
Dil Se Dil Tak premiered on 30 January 2017 and aired Monday to Friday replacing Bigg Boss 10. The series was last time aired on Colors TV on 1 June 2018. The series was again aired on Colors TV because of the popular demand and due to the deadly COVID-19 all show's shooting was stopped and the formerly popular and demanded shows were reaired.
The series gained early popularity because of Sidharth Shukla and Rashami Desai's onscreen chemistry. The series' target rating points (TRPs) declined after the actors left the show, and the series ended on 1 June 2018. The series was replaced by the Colors TV drama Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka from 4 June 2018.
- "Colors' Dil Se Dil Tak to recreate Chori Chori Chupke Chupke movies scene".
- "Dil Se Dil Tak promo 2: Jasmin Bhasin will remind you of Preity Zinta from Chori Chori Chupke Chupke".
- Newstechcafe. "Shashi Sumeet Productions to launch new Show 'Sangharsh' on Colors TV after the great success of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' on Star Plus". TV Serial,Show and GK Capsule|NewsTechCafe. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Siddharth Shukla, Rashami Desai & Jasmin Bhasin's Show Titled Dil Se Dil Tak". filmibeat.com. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Ishq Ka Rang Safed's Mishal Raheja gets Lead Role in New Show Sangharsh". www.tvserialnews.com. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Ishq Ka Rang Safed's Mishal Raheja gets replaced by Sidharth Shukla in Colors TV upcoming Show 'Sangharsh'". www.tvserialnews.com. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Jasmin Bhasin grabs Lead Role in Upcoming Colors TV Show 'Sangharsh'". www.tvserialnews.com. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Will this actress romance Mishal Raheja in New Show Sangharsh?". www.amp.ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Sanjeeda Sheikh and NOT Tina Dutta bags the lead role in Sangharsh with Jasmine Bhasin and Sidharth Shukla!". Bollywoodlfe. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Rashami Desai finalised for the Lead Role in Colors TV upcoming Show Sangharsh".
- Chauhan, Soumyata. "Sidharth Shukla-Rashami Desai's chemistry in Dil Se Dil Tak beats Kunal Jaisingh and Shrenu Parikh's in Dil Bole Oberoi to be the Best Jodi of 2017". Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "'Dil Se Dil Tak' to be pulled off air on 1 June - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Drashti Dhami-Shakti Arora's Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka to replace Dil Se Dil Tak in the 10 pm time-slot from June 4". Retrieved 15 May 2018.