From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dilatation, dilate, or dilation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dilation (or dilatation) may refer to:
Physiology or medicine
- Pupillary dilation, dilation of the pupil of the eye
- Cervical dilation, the widening of the cervix in childbirth, miscarriage etc.
- Dilation and curettage, the opening of the cervix and surgical removal of the contents of the uterus
- Dilation and evacuation, the dilation of the cervix and evacuation of the contents of the uterus
- Esophageal dilatation, a procedure for widening a narrowed esophagus
- Vasodilation, the widening of luminal diameter in blood vessels
- Dilation (affine geometry), an affine transformation
- Dilation (metric space), a function from a metric space into itself
- Dilation (operator theory), a dilation of an operator on a Hilbert space
- Dilation (morphology), an operation in mathematical morphology
- Scaling (geometry), including:
Chemistry and physics
- Thermal expansion of crystalline triglycerides is referred to as dilation.
- Scale invariance, a feature of objects or laws that do not change if length scales (or energy scales) are multiplied by a common factor
- Time dilation, the observation that another's clock is ticking at a slower rate as measured by one's own clock
- Dilate (Bardo Pond album)
- Dilate (Ani DiFranco album)
- Dilate (musical project), ambient solo project of Vampire Rodents keyboardist Victor Wulf
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dilation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.