|Look up dilettante, dilettantes, or dilettantism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A contemporary understanding is that dilettante is a person who enjoys the arts or someone who engages in a field without investing the usually required effort. However the original definition was of an aristocratic person who was not required to work and so devoted his time instead to cultural pursuits.
The word may also refer to:
- An amateur, someone with a casual or superficial interest
- A layperson, someone without formal qualifications within a specific field
- Dilettante (album), a 2005 album by Ali Project
- Dilettantes (album), a 2008 album by You Am I
- Dilettante Music, a classical music website with social networking features
- The Dilettantes, a San Francisco neo-psychedelic rock band
- A member of the Dilettante Society
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dilettante.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.