Dillon at Berlin Festival 2013
|Birth name||Dominique Dillon de Byington|
|Born||April 29, 1988|
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Dominique Dillon de Byington, known by her stage name Dillon (born April 29, 1988), is a Brazilian singer-songwriter and pianist, based in Germany. Her debut album This Silence Kills, released in 2011, was praised by the media and received an average score of 72 on Metacritic based on five reviews. Byington's second album The Unknown was released on March 31, 2014 to positive reviews.
Early life and career
At the age of four, Byington moved with her mother from Brazil to Cologne, Germany. She attended an English school until she graduated high school in 2007. In the same year, she recorded her first song, which she published on the internet. Her first single was released in January 2008 on the label Kitty-Yo. Subsequently, she joined a recently formed band called Jolly Goods on their first tour of Germany. Since 2008, Byington has been living in Berlin, Germany.
Although Dillon's first recordings received overwhelmingly positive acclaim from contemporary critics, she decided to attend university to study photography before performing as a professional musician. On November 11, 2011, Dillon released her debut album This Silence Kills on the techno label BPitch Control. The album was produced by Tamer Fahri Özgenenc and Thies Mynther. Following the album's release and success, Dillon went on tour across Germany.
This Silence Kills garnered very positive reviews from most contemporary critics. Critics compared Byington's singing style and vocals to that of other female musicians such as Björk and Lykke Li.
Byington's second album The Unknown was released on March 28, 2014. Her third album Live at Haus der Berliner Festspiele, a live performance incorporating work from both her first and second albums, was released on September 23, 2016.
- This Silence Kills (2011)
- The Unknown (2014)
- Live at Haus der Berliner Festspiele (2016)
- Kind (2017)
Singles & EPs
- "Ludwig" (2008)
- "Tip Tapping / Abrupt Clarity Remix" (2012)
- "Your Flesh Against Mine" (2013)
- "Lightning Sparked" (2014)
- "A Matter of Time" (2014)
- "C Unseen Sea" (2008)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dillon_(musician).|
- "Dillon This Silence Kills Review". BBC. Retrieved 2013-01-30.
- http://www.last.fm/music/Dillon Last FM
- Markus Flohr: Dillon, Chansonette mit Megaphon, Spiegel Online am 12. Februar 2008, gesehen am 12. März 2012
- Marie Weyer: Sängerin Dillon – "Songs schreiben ist wie Kotzen", Welt Online am 18. November 2011. Die Welt. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Markus Schneider: Album: "This Silence Kills": Dillon arbeitet am Lied. Berliner Zeitung. 13 December 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Dillon This Silence Kills Review. BBC. 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2015.