Dim Sum Funeral
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Dim Sum Funeral|
|Directed by||Anna Chi|
|Produced by||Clark Peterson|
|Written by||Donald Martin|
|Music by||Scott Starrett|
After their mother dies, four Chinese-American siblings return to their Seattle home. As their mother wanted a traditional seven-day funeral, the estranged siblings stay the week and deal with their issues.
- Xiao family
- Lisa Lu as Mrs. Xiao, the matriarch
- Julia Nickson as Elizabeth ("Liz"), a daughter of Mrs. Xiao
- Russell Wong as Alexander ("Alex"), the son of Mrs. Xiao
- Françoise Yip as Victoria, a daughter of Mrs. Xiao
- Steph Song as Meimei, a daughter of Mrs. Xiao
- Talia Shire as Viola, a Jewish friend of Mrs. Xiao
- Bai Ling as Dede, Meimei's girlfriend
- Curtis Lum as Bruce Lee, a Buddhist monk and prospective sperm donor to Meimei and Dede
- Adrian Hough as Michael, Liz's husband
- Isaah Brown as Jason, Victoria's son
- Tseng Chang as Zhou Lin, a friend of Mrs. Xiao, an eminent Chinese pianist, and Meimei's father
- Kelly Hu as Cindy, Alex's wife and a former Miss Taiwan
- Valerie Tian as Emily, Alex's daughter
- Goldstein, Gary (June 7, 2009). "Anna Chi, 'Dim Sum Funeral'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- Chang, Justin (June 10, 2009). "Dim Sum Funeral". Variety. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- Farber, Stephen (November 11, 2008). "Film Review: Dim Sum Funeral". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "Dim Sum Funeral". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Halligan, Fionnuala (7 October 2008). "Dim Sum Funeral". Screen Daily.