Dimensions of Dialogue
|Dimensions of Dialogue|
|Directed by||Jan Švankmajer|
|Written by||Jan Švankmajer|
|Music by||Jan Klusák|
|Edited by||Helena Lebdusková|
|Distributed by||Krátký Film Praha|
The animation is divided into three sections. "Eternal conversation" (Dialog věcný) shows Arcimboldo-like heads gradually reducing each other to bland copies; "Passionate discourse" (Dialog vášnivý) shows a clay man and woman who dissolve into one another sexually, then quarrel and reduce themselves to a frenzied, boiling pulp; and "Exhaustive discussion" (Dialogu vyčerpávajícím) consists of two elderly clay heads who extrude various objects on their tongues (toothbrush and toothpaste; shoe and shoelaces, etc.) and intertwine them in various combinations.
Dimensions of Dialogue won 3 major awards in 1983: the Grad Prix from the Annecy International Animated Film Festival, and the Golden Bear for Best Short Film, and the C.I.D.A.L.C. Award (Honorable Mention) from the Berlin International Film Festival. It was also selected by Terry Gilliam as one of the ten best animated films of all time.
- Re-animating the Lost Objects d'Childhood and the Everyday: Jan Svankmajer
- Moznosti Dialogu (1983) - IMDB
- Gilliam, Terry (April 27, 2001). "Terry Gilliam Picks the Ten Best Animated Films of All Time". The Guardian.
- Dimensions of Dialogue at the Internet Movie Database
- Dimensions of Dialogue - Kratky Film
- Dimensions of Dialogue - Animation Heaven and Hell
- Dimensions of Dialogue - Tativille
|This article related to a short animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|