October 23, 1932|
Lorain, Ohio, U.S.
|Died||January 26, 2012
Woodland Hills, California, U.S.
|Other names||Dimitra Arlys|
Dimitra Arliss (October 23, 1932 – January 26, 2012), sometimes credited as Dimitra Arlys, was an American actress.
Of Greek descent, she was born in Lorain, Ohio, on October 23, 1932. Her acting career began at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago. She first gained attention after appearing in Arthur L. Kopit's Broadway play Indians in the 1960s in which she played a Native American character who spoke with an Italian accent. She went on to appear in multiple stage, television and film productions, including the 1973 classic The Sting.
She voiced Anastasia Hardy in the Spider-Man: The Animated Series episodes "The Sins Of The Fathers, Chapter II: Make A Wish" (1995) and "The Sins Of The Fathers, Chapter IV: Enter The Green Goblin" (1996).
- The Sting (1973)
- Rich Man, Poor Man Book II (1976)
- The Other Side of Midnight (1977)
- A Perfect Couple (1979)
- Xanadu (1980)
- Firefox (1982)
- Eleni (1985)
- It's My Party (1996)
- Bless the Child (2000)
- The San Francisco Chronicle http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/01/28/state/n120738S06.DTL#ixzz1kmoTWMep
|url=missing title (help).[dead link]
- Kleiner, Dick (4 November 1978). "Return To Broadway Is Goal Of Actress". Waycross Journal-Herald. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Minovitz, Ethan (January 28, 2012). "Dimitra Aliss, actress in "The Sting", dead at 79". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|