|Position||Power forward / Center|
November 14, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9.5 in (2.07 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dimitrios Charitopoulos (alternate spellings: Dimitris, Haritopoulos) (Greek: Δημήτρης Χαριτόπουλος; born November 14, 1983) is a Greek professional basketball player who last played for Koroivos Amaliadas of the Greek Basket League. He is 2.07 m (6 ft 9 ½ in) tall and he weighs 113 kg (250 lbs). He is a power forward-center.
Charitopoulos began his professional career with Aris during the 2002-03 season. He moved to PAOK in 2006. In February 2012, he joined ASVEL. In September 2013, he signed with Spanish club CB Valladolid.
For the 2014–15 season, he signed with La Bruixa d'Or Manresa of Spain's Liga ACB, where he averaged 4.2 points in 17 games. On January 30, 2015, he left the Spanish club. Three days later, he signed with his former team, PAOK.
Greek national team
Charitopoulos was a member of the junior national teams of Greece. With Greece's junior national team, he won the gold medal at the 2002 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. Charitopoulos also won the silver medal at the 2005 Mediterranean Games, while playing with the Greek national basketball team.
Awards and accomplishments
- 2002 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Gold
- FIBA Europe Champions Cup Champion: (2003)
- Greek Cup Winner: (2004)
- Greek Youth All-Star Game MVP: (2005)
- 2005 Mediterranean Games: Silver
- Bulgarian League Champion: (2013)
- Eurocupbasketball.com ASVEL BASKET adds Charitopoulos.
- "Valladolid signs Dimitris Haritopoulos.". Sportando.net. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Dimitris Haritopoulos leaves Manresa.
- Charitopoulos signed his contract and practiced with the team.
- Dimitrios CHARITOPOULOS (GRE) participated in 4 FIBA / FIBA Zones events.
- EuroCup Profile
- FIBA Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Greek Basket League Profile (Greek)
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
- French League Profile (French)
- Draftexpress.com Profile