|Full name||Dimitrios Limnios|
|Date of birth||27 May 1998|
|Place of birth||Volos, Thessaly, Greece|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 April 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 March 2019
In 2014, Limnios was called up to the Atromitos first team. At the age of 16, on 16 October 2014, he made his Superleague Greece debut against Ergotelis at Peristeri Stadium, replacing Andreas Tatos at the 84th minute. He is the third-youngest player to have appeared in the Greek Super League and he made his European debut this season against AIK in the Europa League second qualifying round. He is not dissimilar to Kostas Mitroglou in playing style – often swatting aside defenders with his powerful runs. On 4 December 2016, Limnios scored his first goal with the club in a triumphic 2-1 away win against AEL in the Superleague Greece. The goal came one minute into first half injury time, and was assisted by Anthony Le Tallec.
On 6 April 2017, Atromitos accepted an offer from PAOK for the signing of the 18-year-old international winger. PAOK have been in negotiations with Atromitos for the 18-year-old youngster who has impressed with his performances since the start of the 2016-17 season. The two clubs reached an agreement in the region of €900.000 and Limnios will join PAOK in the summer transfer window. Limnios is described as one of the best prospects in Greek football and PAOK moved quickly to secure his services.
On 20 August 2017, he made his debut with the club in a 0-0 away game against Levadiakos. He was replaced by Diego Biseswar in the 62nd minute. On 29 November 2017, he scored hsi first goal with the club in a 5-0 away Greek Cup win against Aiginiakos. On 8 August 2018, Limnios scored when Leo Matos from the right turned the ball to the penalty shootout and Limnios screamed for the equaliser, in a 3-2 home win game for UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round , 1st leg against Spartak Moskva. On 29 October 2018, Limnios barely 30 seconds after coming on to replace Diego Biseswar, slide from close range after an assist from Léo Jabá to finish a slick move down the left flank, in a 2-0 home win game against rivals Panathinaikos.
Limnios has represented his country at various age groups. A talented, left-footed striker who is known for scoring acrobatic goals, the 17-year-old has been capped for Greece at Under-19 level. It was while on international duty, scoring a hat-trick against Moldova U19, that he was spotted by U.C. Sampdoria. He visited the Serie A club for a week’s training in 2014.
He was a member of Greece national under-17 football team in the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. In the competition, he played nine games and scored two goals including qualification round. Since March 2016, he has been member of Greece national under-19 football team and played in 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification. On 16 March 2018, he called in the Greek national team from Michael Skibbe for the friendly match against Switzerland on 23 March 2018.
- As of 31 March 2019
- "greece - D. Limnios - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Dimitris Limnios: 1998 - Grecia - Generazione di Talenti" [Dimitris Limnios: 1998 - Greece - Generazione di Talenti] (in Italian). Generazione di Talenti. December 26, 2015. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Atromitos vs. Ergotelis - 25 October 2014 - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Παίκτης του ΠΑΟΚ ο Λημνιός!". www.sport-fm.gr. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Ο ΠΑΟΚ που πήρε αυτό που ήθελε και ο Λημνιός". www.contra.gr. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Μεγάλη Ανατροπή για τον ΠΑΟΚ 3-2 επί της Σπάρτακ στη Τούμπα". www.voria.gr. 8 August 2018.
- "ΠΑΟΚ – Παναθηναϊκός 2-0: Ο επίδοξος πρωταθλητής "φρέναρε" το "τριφύλλι"". www.onsports.gr. 30 October 2018.
- "Under-17 - Dimitris Limnios – UEFA.com". UEFA.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Under-19 - Dimitris Limnios – UEFA.com". UEFA.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- paok24.gr Ο... Βραζιλιάνος από τον Βόλο
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dimitris Limnios.|