Siovas with Greece in 2013
|Full name||Dimitrios Siovas|
|Date of birth||16 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Drama, Greece|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back, Defensive midfielder|
|2009||→ Ionikos (loan)||11||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 August 2016.
Early career & Panionios
He was born and raised in Drama, Greece and played in the local teams before he was scouted from Skoda Xanthi. He started his career at the youth team of Skoda Xanthi, from where he moved to Panionios in 2008. He spend the second half of the 2008–09 season on loan to Ionikos, where he made 11 league appearances. Since 2009 he became a regular central defender for Panionios, making a total of 33 appearances and scoring 2 goals during his last season with Neosmyrniotes.
On 15 June 2012, it was announced that Siovas signed a four-year contract for Olympiacos, having agreed with the club since January of the same year. He scored his first goal against Levadiakos F.C. in a 4-0 home win. On 11 January 2014, Siovas during the daily training suffered a severe injury and Olympiacos are likely to be without Siovas for the rest of the season after the central defender underwent surgery on a broken right ankle. The player will be out of the club for the next four months according to doctors' estimations. Siovas, did not miss a minute of his side's UEFA Champions League group stage campaign. W"e are very sad with what happened to Dimitris because apart from his abilities on the pitch, we also like him very much as a person," said coach Míchel. "We will deal with the issue next week and check out if we need to make a signing to cover for his absence. We hope that he will make it in time for the World Cup but we probably won't be able to count on him for the remainder of the season." 
In his debut season after his injury he helped his club to its 41st league title, the championship being sealed with five matches to go. Siovas began the 2015–16 campaign as the de facto leader of the Olympiakos defence. On 9 February 2016, Siovas in a winning 1-0 matchday against fierce rivals PAOK, reached 100 appearances with the club's jersey in all competitions, having the amazing undefeated percentage of 89%, one of the largest among Olympiakos players.
On summer 2016, Siovas was not in Paulo Bento's plans for the 2016-17 season and negotiations started with Spanish Primera Division' s club Real Betis for a possible summer window transfer. Unfortunately, Olympiacos deal with Real Betis was not completed because of central defender's refusal to join the spanish club. The 28-year-old international had extended his contract with the Reds two seasons ago until the summer of 2018, with an annual salary of €800.000, plus €200.000 championship title bonus, while Real Betis were offering him only €500.000 for a three-season contract. Siovas decided to remain a member of Olympiakos, besides the fact that his club had already agreed terms with Real Betis and expected about €2 million for his transfer, and wait for a chance to prove his quality again.
On 6 October 2016, Olympiakos defender is ready to return to action following his injury problems over the summer. Siovas had picked an injury in the UEFA Champions League qualifier against Hapoel Beer Sheva and he was unavailable for the start of the season.
Siovas was a member of the Greek under-19 team who reached the final of the 2007 European under-19 championship, losing 1–0 to Spain under-19. Since 2008, he was also a member of Greece under-21.
He made his debut for the senior national team on 15 August 2012 in a friendly match against Norway. He is credited for being an aggressive yet skillful defender leading to a lot of praise by the Greek press.
- Superleague Greece (4): 2012–13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Greek Football Cup (2): 2012–13, 2014–15; Runner-up: 2015–16
- "Ο Δημήτρης Σιόβας στον Ολυμπιακό (Dimitris Siovas to Olympiacos)" (in Greek). Skai TV. 15 June 2012.
- "Η Γκενκ θέλει Σιόβα και θα καταθέσει πρόταση στον Πανιώνιο (Genk wants Siovas and will negotiate with Panionios)" (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 23 January 2012.
- "Dimitris Siovas joins Olympiacos". Olympiacos.org. 15 June 2012.
- Georgakis, Giannis (15 June 2012). "Ερυθρόλευκος και ο Σιόβας (Siovas a red-white)". To Vima (in Greek).
- ΟΣΦΠ-ΛΕΒΑΔΕΙΑΚΟΣ 4-0
- "Σοβαρός ο τραυματισμός του Σιόβα, 3-4 μήνες εκτός". nooz.gr. 11 January 2014.
- Olympiacos' Siovas likely to miss rest of season Retrieved 13 January 2014
- "Olympiacos wrap up 41st Greek title". UEFA.com. 15 March 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Σιόβας 77% νικητής!". www.redking.gr. 9 February 2016.
- "Ο Σιόβας χάλασε τη μεταγραφή του στη Μπέτις!". www.football-land.gr. 3 September 2016.
- "Eπιστρέφει ο Σιόβας". postgame.gr. 6 October 2016.
- Πρωταθλήτρια της καρδιάς μας η Εθνική Νέων, δεύτερη στο Ευρωπαϊκό πρωτάθλημα [Greece U19 champions of our hearts, second in the European Championship)] (in Greek). Linz: In.gr. 27 July 2007.
- "Πέταξε" για Βιέννη η εθνική ποδοσφαίρου [The national team "flew" to Vienna] (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 16 November 2010.
- Norway vs Greece 2-3
- Νορβηγία - Ελλάδα 2-3
- Slovakia vs Greece 0-1
- "Dimitris Siovas statistics". Guardian touch-line. Retrieved 16 June 2012.