Siovas with Greece in 2013
|Full name||Dimitrios Siovas|
|Date of birth||16 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Drama, Greece|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back, Defensive midfielder|
|2009||→ Ionikos (loan)||11||(0)|
|2017||→ Leganés (loan)||16||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:26, 19 March 2018 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 March 2016 (UTC)
Early career & Panionios
He was born and raised in Drama, Greece and played in the local teams before he was scouted from Skoda Xanthi. He started his career at the youth team of Skoda Xanthi, from where he moved to Panionios in 2008. He spend the second half of the 2008–09 season on loan to Ionikos, where he made 11 league appearances. Since 2009 he became a regular central defender for Panionios, making a total of 33 appearances and scoring 2 goals during his last season with Neosmyrniotes.
On 15 June 2012, it was announced that Siovas signed a four-year contract for Olympiacos, having agreed with the club since January of the same year. He scored his first goal against Levadiakos F.C. in a 4-0 home win. On 11 January 2014, Siovas during the daily training suffered a severe injury and Olympiacos are likely to be without Siovas for the rest of the season after the central defender underwent surgery on a broken right ankle. The player will be out of the club for the next four months according to doctors' estimations. Siovas, did not miss a minute of his side's UEFA Champions League group stage campaign. W"e are very sad with what happened to Dimitris because apart from his abilities on the pitch, we also like him very much as a person," said coach Míchel. "We will deal with the issue next week and check out if we need to make a signing to cover for his absence. We hope that he will make it in time for the World Cup but we probably won't be able to count on him for the remainder of the season." 
In his debut season after his injury he helped his club to its 41st league title, the championship being sealed with five matches to go. Siovas began the 2015–16 campaign as the de facto leader of the Olympiakos defence. On 9 February 2016, Siovas in a winning 1-0 matchday against fierce rivals PAOK, reached 100 appearances with the club's jersey in all competitions, having the amazing undefeated percentage of 89%, one of the largest among Olympiakos players.
On 23 December 2016, after a frustrating half season, Olympiakos defender is close to move to CD Leganés on loan until the end of the season, with a buyout clause of €4 million. Siovas had dropped down the pecking order at Olympiakos and the Greek giants were looking to offload him in the upcoming January transfer window. The Greek defender is very close to join Leganes on loan and the deal will be finalised imminently. On 29 December 2016, CD Leganés officially announced the signing of Greek international till the end of 2016-17 season. On 4 February 2017, he made as a starter his debut with the club in a 2-0 away loss against Atletico Madrid. On 9 April 2016, he scored his first goal in La Liga in a 2-1 away loss against rivals CA Osasuna. 
On 19 June 2017, Siovas signed a permanent four-year deal with Lega, for a fee believed in the region of €3 million, whereas Olympiacos keep a 15% resale percentage. On 15 September 2017, he made his debut for the 2017-18 season. On 4 October 2017, in a 0-0 away draw against Atletico Madrid, the Greek international was selected among the best XI of the matchday, due to his outstanding performance.  A week later helped his club to escape with a 2-0 win against Málaga CF and the Greek international was selected for a consecutive week among the best XI of the matchday.
During the 2017-18 season was the de facto leader of the Leganes defence, helping his club to make the best starting in the last decade. As a result of his outstanding performance was voted by the fans as a member of the best XI that ever wear the jersey of the club. On 1 February 2018, after the epic Copa del Rey qualification against giants Real Madrid Leganes scraped a 1-1 draw at home to Sevilla FC in their first leg semi-final matchup with the Greek defender scoring the only goal for his club. The Greek defender took full advantage of poor goalkeeping from the Sevilla custodian to head home from close range in the 56th minute canceling out Luis Muriel’s early goal. 
Siovas was a member of the Greek under-19 team who reached the final of the 2007 European under-19 championship, losing 1–0 to Spain under-19. Since 2008, he was also a member of Greece under-21.
He made his debut for the senior national team on 15 August 2012 in a friendly match against Norway. He is credited for being an aggressive yet skillful defender leading to a lot of praise by the Greek press.
|2016-17||CD Leganés||La Liga||16||1||0||0||0||0||16||1|
- Superleague Greece (4): 2012–13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Greek Football Cup (2): 2012–13, 2014–15; Runner-up: 2015–16
- "Ο Δημήτρης Σιόβας στον Ολυμπιακό (Dimitris Siovas to Olympiacos)" (in Greek). Skai TV. 15 June 2012.
- "Η Γκενκ θέλει Σιόβα και θα καταθέσει πρόταση στον Πανιώνιο (Genk wants Siovas and will negotiate with Panionios)" (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 23 January 2012.
- "Dimitris Siovas joins Olympiacos". Olympiacos.org. 15 June 2012.
- Georgakis, Giannis (15 June 2012). "Ερυθρόλευκος και ο Σιόβας (Siovas a red-white)". To Vima (in Greek).
- ΟΣΦΠ-ΛΕΒΑΔΕΙΑΚΟΣ 4-0
- "Σοβαρός ο τραυματισμός του Σιόβα, 3-4 μήνες εκτός". nooz.gr. 11 January 2014.
- Olympiacos' Siovas likely to miss rest of season Retrieved 13 January 2014
- "Olympiacos wrap up 41st Greek title". UEFA.com. 15 March 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Σιόβας 77% νικητής!". www.redking.gr. 9 February 2016.
- "Επιβεβαιώνει η "AS" για Σιόβα και Λεγκανές". www.sport24.gr. 23 December 2016.
- "Osasuna Leganes 2-1". www.eurosport.com. 9 April 2017.
- "Siovas será pepinero las próximas cuatro temporadas" (in Spanish). CD Leganés. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Στην καλύτερη 11άδα της Primera Division ο Σιόβας". www.sport24.gr. 4 October 2017.
- "Στην καλύτερη 11άδα της Primera Division ο Σιόβας για δεύτερη φορά". www.sport24.gr. 17 October 2017.
- "Στην καλύτερη ενδεκάδα όλων των εποχών της Λεγανές ο Σιόβας!". www.gazzetta.gr. 3 November 2017.
- "Leganes 1 Sevilla 1: Siovas strike keeps giant killers on course". www.goal.com. 1 February 2018.
- Πρωταθλήτρια της καρδιάς μας η Εθνική Νέων, δεύτερη στο Ευρωπαϊκό πρωτάθλημα [Greece U19 champions of our hearts, second in the European Championship)] (in Greek). Linz: In.gr. 27 July 2007.
- "Πέταξε" για Βιέννη η εθνική ποδοσφαίρου [The national team "flew" to Vienna] (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 16 November 2010.
- Norway vs Greece 2-3
- Νορβηγία - Ελλάδα 2-3
- Slovakia vs Greece 0-1
- "Dimitris Siovas statistics". Guardian touch-line. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Dimitris Siovas at BDFutbol
- Dimitris Siovas – FIFA competition record
- Dimitris Siovas – UEFA competition record
- Dimitris Siovas at ESPN FC