This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Sirajuddin Muhammad "Din" Syamsuddin (Arabic: مُحَمَّدُ سِرَاجِ ٱلدِّينِ شَمْسِ ٱلدِّينِ, romanized: Muḥammad Sirāj ad-Dīn Šams ad-Dīn, born in Sumbawa, West Nusa Tenggara, August 31, 1958 ), is an Indonesian politician and formerly the Chairman of Muhammadiyah for two terms from 2005 to 2010 and 2010 to 2015. His wife was named Fira Beranata, and has 3 children. He was entrusted to the Chairman of the Indonesian Ulema Council (Majelis Ulama Indonesia, MUI) Center, who previously served as Vice Chairman of the Indonesian Ulema Council replaces Center Dr (HC). KH. Sahal Mahfouz, who died on Friday, January 24, 2014.
- Chairman of Muhammadiyah (2005–present)
- Chairman of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation Among Civilizations / CDCC (2007–present)
- Member, Strategic Alliance Russia-based Islamic World (2006–present)
- Member, UK-Indonesia Islamic Advisory Group (2006–present)
- Chairman, World Peace Forum / WPF (2006–present)
- Honorary President, World Conference on Religions for Peace / WCRP, based in New York (2006–present)
- Vice Chairman of the MUI (2005–2010)
- Vice Chairman of the Central Advisory Board of ICMI (2005–2010)
- Vice Secretary General, World Islamic People's Leadership, based in Tripoli (2005–present)
- Member, World Council of World Islamic Call Society, based in Tripoli (2005–present)
- President, Asian Committee on Religions for Peace / ACRP, based in Tokyo (2004–present)
- Chairman, Indonesian Committee on Religions for Peace / IComRP (2000–present)
- General Secretary of the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI, 2000–2005)
- Vice Chairman of Muhammadiyah (2000–2005)
- Vice Chairman of the MPR-RI Works Development (1999)
- Golkar Deputy Secretary General (1998–2000)
- Deputy Secretary Faction MPR Development Works (1998)
- Directorate General of Employment, DEPNAKER RI (1998–2000)
- Chairman of the Department of Research and Development Golkar (1993–1998)
- Members of the National Research Council (1993–1998)
- Secretary of ICMI Center Advisory Board (1990–1995)
- Vice Chairman of the Indonesian Youth Assembly (1990–1993)
- Chairman of PP Muhammadiyah Youth (1989–1993)
- DPP Chairman of Muhammadiyah Students Association (IMM, 1985)
- Lecturer / Professor of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta (1982–present)
- Lecturer in various universities (ISTA, UHAMKA, UI, 1982–2000)
- Chairman of the Department of Islamic Theology Student Senate, IAIN Jakarta (1980–1982)
- Chairman IPNU Sumbawa Branch (1970–1972).
As chairman of Muhammadiyah, he is often invited to attend a wide variety of international conferences with regard to the relationship between religious and peace. Most recently, for example, he was invited to the Vatican to give a public lecture about terrorism in the context of politics and ideology. He believes that terrorism is more relevant when associated with political issues than the issue of ideology. In line with that, he also was not happy when some Muslim groups using the label of Islam in performing actions terrorist them. According to him, acts of terrorism in the name of Islam is very much detrimental to Muslims both at the internal level and Muslims on a global scale.
Din Shams is seen as a leader of Muslims not only because he is the Chairman of Muhammadiyah, but even more so because of its ability to engage in dialogue with all elements of both faiths among Muslims, as well as with other religious communities.
Being Chairman of Indonesian Ulema Council Center
Official So Din Shamsuddin chairman MUI as the new chairman. Din replaced Sahal Mahfouz who died on Friday, January 24, 2014. Decision on the replacement set MUI leadership meeting held on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 These results talked in a plenary meeting and made a decision as soon as possible. But the new chairman definitively applies per Tuesday, February 18, 2014.