|Directed by||Antonio Santini and Dan Sickles|
|Produced by||Antonio Santini and Dan Sickles|
|Edited by||Sofia Subercaseaux|
Dina is a 2017 American documentary film directed and produced by Antonio Santini and Dan Sickles. The film follows Dina Buno and Scott Levin, two adults on the autism spectrum, as they prepare to get married.
The film premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the "U.S. Grand Jury Prize: Documentary." The film also won the 2017 Palm Beach International Film Festival Award for Best Romance, the 2017 Sarasota Film Festival Special Jury Prize for Honesty and Humanity, the Karen Schmeer Award for Excellence in Documentary Editing at the Independent Film Festival Boston 2017 Jury Awards, and Best Feature at the 2017 International Documentary Association's Documentary Awards. Sickles won the Producer’s Vision Award at the 2017 Sun Valley Film Festival for the film, and Santini and Sickles received the Peek Award, which "pays tribute to artists, media makers, and film subjects who are positively impacting our society’s perception of people with disabilities" from the Utah Film Center in 2018. Dina Buno and Scott Levin themselves were included in Cinema Eye’s 2017 list of "Unforgettables."
The song "Best I Can," written and performed by Michael Cera and featuring Sharon Van Etten, was nominated for (but did not win) Best Song In A Documentary at the 2017 Critics’ Choice Documentary Awards.
- Simran Hans. "Dina review – a soft-focus study in intimacy | Film". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "dina | Sundance Institute". Sundance.org. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- Sophie Herbots (2017-04-11). "Dina takes home four awards at US Festivals — Dogwoof Sales". Dogwoofsales.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- Debruge, Peter. "Film Review: 'Dina' – Variety". Variety.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "Award Winners". 2017 Sundance Institute. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- BWW News Desk. "The 22nd Annual Palm Beach International Film Festival Announces Winners". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- BWW News Desk. "Diane Lane Receives Award for Cinematic Excellence at Closing of Sarasota Film Festival". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "IFFBoston Announces 2017 Jury Awards – Boston Reel – Medium". Medium.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- McNary, Dave (10 December 2017). "'Dina' Wins Best Feature Award from International Documentary Association".
- Andy Kerstetter (2017-03-29). "Sun Valley Film Festival handed out bevy of awards | Events". mtexpress.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "Peek Award: DINA - Utah Film Center".
- "Archive » CIFF '17: Cinema Eye unveils "Unforgettables"". Realscreen. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield International Documentary Festival". Sheffdocfest.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Documentary Awards - Critics' Choice AwardsCritics' Choice Awards". Criticschoice.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
| Sundance Grand Jury Prize: U.S. Documentary
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|