Lohan at the 19th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival, October 15, 2011
|Born||Donata Melina Nicolette Sullivan
September 15, 1962 
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Known for||Living Lohan|
|Spouse(s)||Michael Lohan (1985–2007)|
Michael Lohan, Jr.
Donata Melina Nicolette Lohan (//; née Sullivan; born September 15, 1962) is an American television personality who rose to fame as the mother and manager of actress Lindsay Lohan. She also is mother of Michael, Jr., Aliana and Dakota Lohan.
Lohan was born and raised in New York City, to John L. and Ann Sullivan. She has two brothers, Matt and Paul. She is of Italian (from her mother) and Irish descent, and was raised Roman Catholic. Lohan is a former singer and dancer.
Lohan has been the subject of media scrutiny for making her daughter Ali the star of a reality television program, and for her regard to her daughter Lindsay's recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. She has responded to the latter matter by insisting that Lindsay's problems were not her fault, nor those of Lindsay's friends, but were the result of personal choices, for which Lindsay would have to take responsibility, and that Lindsay was in the process of rebuilding her life. She has also been accused of capitalizing on Lindsay's fame and personal struggles in order to launch her own career, having been criticized for bringing cameramen from the entertainment newsmagazine series Entertainment Tonight to film her visiting Lindsay in drug rehabilitation, to the publicity of her daughter and the facility staff.
Lohan's claimed career as a Radio City Rockette has also been questioned. According to the New York Post a spokesperson for Radio City asserted that there was no record of Lohan ever being a Rockette, and that executives at Cablevision, which owns Radio City, were indignant that Lohan would claim otherwise.
On August 5, 2008, Anderson Cooper appeared as a guest co-host on the ABC talk show Live with Regis and Kelly, during which he stated, in reference to Living Lohan, "I can't believe I'm wasting a minute of my life watching these horrific people", and remarked that Ali Lohan appeared to be a sixty-year-old. In an interview with OK! magazine, Dina Lohan responded, "people are just cruel...This is bad karma for him". Cooper did not respond directly to Lohan's comments, but clarified that while he felt bad for Ali Lohan, he opined that she should be living the conventional life of a teenager, and not be made to star in a reality television show. Michael Lohan also responded to Cooper's comments, telling Access Hollywood, "I think Anderson Cooper is an opinionated, hypocritical idiot who should be an adult and keep his opinion to himself...He is the last person to judge anyone, when he and his own family have their own issues."
In 1985, she married Michael Lohan. The couple briefly separated in 1988, and later reunited. Dina filed for divorce in 2005, and the couple reached a divorce settlement in August 2007, with the divorce scheduled to be finalized three months later. He had worked as a Wall Street trader and businessman who inherited his father's pasta business and has been in trouble with the law on several occasions.[clarification needed] The Lohans have four children: Lindsay (b. 1986), Michael, Jr. (b. 1987), Aliana (b. 1993), and Dakota Lohan (b. 1996).
|1998||The Parent Trap||Woman at airport||Uncredited cameo|
|2008||Living Lohan||Herself||Reality television|
- "Dina Lohan". LivingLohan.tv. Archived from the original on July 11, 2008.
- Fischler, Marcelle S. (October 22, 2006). "For Lohan Matriarch, Like Daughter, Like Mother". The New York Times.
- Carter, Kelly (May 21, 2008). "Dina Lohan explains it all, with a capital E!". USA Today.
- Lynda Obst (June 2004). "Lindsay Lohan: One of the movies' biggest rising stars goes on the record". Interview magazine (Interview, Inc.). Archived from the original on June 18, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
Did you even get to go to high school? ... Yes. Up until the 11th grade, when I started home-schooling.
- Mum blames Lindsay. dnaindia.com. May 22, 2008
- Richard Johnson. Lindsay's Mom Hogs Spotlight. New York Post. May 9, 2007
- Richard Johnson. Mom Dina's Missing Career. New York Post, June 6, 2007
- Anderson Cooper Rips Dina Lohan. Mediabistro.com: TVNewser. August 5, 2008
- Anderson Cooper Responds to Dina Lohan. Hollywoodgrind.com. August 6, 2008
- Michael Lohan Responds to Anderson Cooper. hollywoodgrind.com. August 7, 2008
- "Lohan parents’ divorce heats up on Long Island". Today.com. Associated Press. August 6, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2008.
- Peretz 2006. "Dina and Michael separated when Lindsay was just three ... But, like many young people in love, Dina took her husband back for a period."
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files for Divorce". Fox News. Associated Press. January 19, 2005. Archived from the original on August 25, 2015.
- "Lohan's parents end divorce row". BBC News. August 18, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- "Lohan's Parents Reach Divorce Settlement". People. December 12, 2005. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015.
John DiMascio, Jr., Michael's attorney, says he expects the divorce to be final in about 90 days, depending upon how quickly the divorce documents are filed and then processed by the court.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Dad Gets Prison Sentence". Fox News (Fox Broadcasting Company). May 28, 2005. Retrieved July 3, 2006.
- Chinese, Vera; Dillon, Nancy; Cunningham, Jennifer H. (September 13, 2013). "Dina Lohan arrested for DWI, speeding on Long Island". Daily News (New York City). Archived from the original on June 3, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Eltman, Frank (September 24, 2013). "Lohan's Mom Pleads Not Guilty to DWI Charge in NY". ABC News. Associated Press. Archived from the original on September 25, 2013. Retrieved September 26, 2013.