Lohan at the 19th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival, October 15, 2011
Donata Melina Nicolette Sullivan|
September 15, 1962
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Known for||Living Lohan|
Michael Lohan |
(m. 1985; div. 2007)
Michael Lohan Jr.
Donata Melina Nicolette "Dina" Lohan (//) née Sullivan (born September 15, 1962) is an American television personality who rose to fame as the mother and manager of actress Lindsay Lohan. She also is mother of Michael Jr., Aliana and Dakota Lohan
Lohan was born and raised in New York City, to John L. and Ann Sullivan. She has two brothers, Matt and Paul. She is of Italian (from her mother) and Irish descent, and was raised Roman Catholic. Lohan is a former singer and dancer.
Lohan and her younger daughter Ali starred in the reality show Living Lohan, which debuted on May 26, 2008 on the cable television network E!. Lohan is also one of the executive producers of the series.
This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards, as it mostly consists of vague, he-said-she-said personal opinion rather than substantive controversy. It also needs more-RS citing. (June 2016)
Lohan's claimed career as a Radio City Rockette has also been questioned, with a spokesperson for Radio City stating there was no record of this and that executives at Cablevision, which owns Radio City, were indignant at the claim.
On August 5, 2008, Anderson Cooper appeared as a guest co-host on the ABC talk show Live with Regis and Kelly, during which he stated, in reference to Living Lohan, "I can't believe I'm wasting a minute of my life watching these horrific people. In an interview with OK! magazine, Dina Lohan responded, "people are just cruel...This is bad karma for him". Cooper did not respond directly to Lohan's comments, but clarified that while he felt bad for Ali Lohan, he opined that she should be living the conventional life of a teenager, and not be made to star in a reality television show. Michael Lohan also responded to Cooper's comments, telling Access Hollywood, "I think Anderson Cooper is an opinionated, hypocritical idiot who should be an adult and keep his opinion to himself...He is the last person to judge anyone, when he and his own family have their own issues."
In 1985, she married Michael Lohan. The couple briefly separated in 1988, and later reunited. Dina filed for divorce in 2005, and the couple reached a divorce settlement in August 2007, with the divorce scheduled to be finalized three months later. He had worked as a Wall Street trader and businessman who inherited his father's pasta business and has been in trouble with the law on several occasions.[clarification needed] The Lohans have four children: Lindsay (b. 1986), Michael, Jr. (b. 1987), Aliana (b. 1993), and Dakota Lohan (b. 1996).
Lohan was arrested for speeding and driving under the influence in Nassau County, Long Island on September 12, 2013, and agreed to a plea deal which included admitting guilt. She was sentenced to 100 hours community service, had her drivers license revoked for one year, and was fined $3,000.
|1998||The Parent Trap||Woman at airport||Uncredited cameo|
|2008||Living Lohan||Herself||Reality television|
|2016||Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn||Herself||Reality television|
- Fischler, Marcelle S. (October 22, 2006). "For Lohan Matriarch, Like Daughter, Like Mother". The New York Times. Archived from the original on June 23, 2016.
- "Dina Lohan". LivingLohan.tv. Archived from the original on July 11, 2008.
- Carter, Kelly (May 21, 2008). "Dina Lohan explains it all, with a capital E!". USA Today.
- Lynda Obst (June 2004). "Lindsay Lohan: One of the movies' biggest rising stars goes on the record". Interview magazine. Interview, Inc. Archived from the original on April 29, 2008. Retrieved August 25, 2009.
Did you even get to go to high school? ... Yes. Up until the 11th grade, when I started home-schooling.
- Johnson, Richard (May 9, 2007). "Lindsay's Mom Hogs Spotlight". New York Post. Archived from the original on January 11, 2009.
- Johnson, Richard (June 6, 2007). "Mom Dina's Missing Career". New York Post. Archived from the original on May 17, 2008.
- Anderson Cooper Rips Dina Lohan[permanent dead link]. Mediabistro.com: TVNewser. August 5, 2008
- "Lohan parents' divorce heats up on Long Island". Today.com. Associated Press. August 6, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2008.
- Peretz 2006. "Dina and Michael separated when Lindsay was just three ... But, like many young people in love, Dina took her husband back for a period."
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files for Divorce". Fox News. Associated Press. January 19, 2005. Archived from the original on August 25, 2015.
- "Lohan's parents end divorce row". BBC News. August 18, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- "Lohan's Parents Reach Divorce Settlement". People. December 12, 2005. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015.
John DiMascio, Jr., Michael's attorney, says he expects the divorce to be final in about 90 days, depending upon how quickly the divorce documents are filed and then processed by the court.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Dad Gets Prison Sentence". Fox News. Fox Broadcasting Company. May 28, 2005. Retrieved July 3, 2006.
- Chinese, Vera; Dillon, Nancy; Cunningham, Jennifer H. (September 13, 2013). "Dina Lohan arrested for DWI, speeding on Long Island". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on June 3, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Michael Rothman and Aaron Katersky (June 3, 2014). "Dina Lohan Sentenced for 2013 DWI, Has Driver's License Suspended". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 28 October 2017.