|Dinckley shown within Lancashire|
|Population||83 (2001 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Dinckley is a small village and civil parish located in the Ribble Valley, in Lancashire, England. Owing to the limited extent of the population details from the Census 2011 are maintained within the civil parish of Billington and Langho. The parish is situated on the south side of the River Ribble, 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Blackburn. The northern boundary of the parish is formed by the River Ribble, and the eastern boundary by Park Brook and Dinckley Brook. The parish is part of the Langho ward, which is represented on Ribble Valley Borough Council by two councillors, both from the Conservative Party.
There is one listed building in the parish; this is Dinckley Hall which is listed at Grade II*. The house basically has a cruck frame, its exterior was originally timber-framed, and it was subsequently encased in sandstone and brick. It consists of a hall and a cross wing, there are two storeys, and it contains mullioned and transomed windows.
- "Parish headcount" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 December 2006. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "GENUKI: Dinckley, Lancashire genealogy". GENUKI. 2006-04-25. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "Map of Dinckley Parish". Lancashire County Council. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "Ribble Valley Councillors by Ward: Langho". Ribble Valley Borough Council. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environment/historichighways/gallery.asp"Lancashire County Council: Environmental Directorate: Historic Highways". Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Freethy, Ron (2001-08-04). "Getting across the story of old ferries". Lancashire Telegraph. Newsquest Media Group. Retrieved 2008-04-13.[permanent dead link]
- Historic England, "Dinckley Hall (1072070)", National Heritage List for England, retrieved 6 August 2015
- Hartwell, Clare; Pevsner, Nikolaus (2009) , Lancashire: North, The Buildings of England, New Haven and London: Yale University Press, p. 480, ISBN 978-0-300-12667-9
Media related to Dinckley at Wikimedia Commons
|This Lancashire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|