Dinesh Kumar Mani
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2013)|
|Dinesh Kumar Mani|
10 January 1953 |
Arrah, Bihar, India
|Fields||Medical Research in Alternative Medicine|
|Institutions||Rural Health Organization|
|Known for||Cancer treatment and philanthropy|
|Influenced||Charaka, Samuel Hahnemann and Vandergrowell|
Dinesh Kumar Mani (born January 10, 1953) is a philanthropist and medical researcher and practitioner in the field of alternative medicine, known[according to whom?] for his contributions in the treatment of cancer. He and Sant Prasad founded the first bonded laboratory in Bihar to do research in alternative medicines. He is also the founder and director of the Rural Health Organization, which works to improve health conditions of people living in the countryside and organizes camps for free treatment of patients. He is the author of many books on cancer and healthy lifestyles. He was one of the medical advisers to V. P. Singh during the year 1994, while the former Prime Minister was suffering from blood cancer.
He was born in Arrah district of Bihar. His father, the late Dr. Sant Prasad, was a renowned philanthropist, educationist and medical practitioner. His father fought with the India’s freedom movement with Dr. Rajendra Prasad and Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. His father was the first person from Bihar to travel to the United States and other countries to train, learning about rural and social welfare programmes.
At the age of 13, he received the first prize at a national level science fair organized by All India Science Teachers' Association. After completion of college education, he joined Jayaprakash Narayan's movement of education reformation. He worked with George Fernandes, Nitish Kumar, Sushil Kumar Modi, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Raghupati in movement and got chance to learn from stalwarts such as Acharya Kriplani, Dada Dharmadhikari and Narayan Bhai Desai.
Philosophy of treatment
His philosophy of treatment is influenced by the ideologies of Charaka, the father of Indian Medicine, Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy, Vandergrowell’s Cell Therapy and the findings of frontier researchers working on cell and molecular biology.
He worked through camps organized by Rural Health Organization in collaboration with German Organization, Indo German Service Society (IGSS) from 1992 to 1994 and treated the patients, including those with pentamidine-resistant pathogens, with non-toxic herbal medicine researched by him for kala-azar which was prevailing as epidemic in most part of the Bihar, especially in block Andhrathadi of Madhubani district and Sakra block of Muzaffarpur district. For this contribution on kala-azar, he got admiration from Voluntary Health Association of India and World Health Organization.
He organized awareness programmes through Rural Health Organization for street children suffering from HIV/AIDS during 1997-98. He also wrote a book “Children with AIDS” which was published in many languages. He also received a letter of appreciation from Indian Council of Medical Research for his contributions in the field of HIV/AIDS. The UNAIDS also chose “Children with AIDS” as its theme of the year in 1998.
- Mammen, Matthew (February 1, 1992). "Man behind the wonder drug". The Hindustan Times. Patna.
- "Hindi: कालाजार के पंजो में दम तोड़ रहा एक गाँव". Hindustan. Patna. August 20, 1992.
- Ghanshyam, Srivastav (November 24, 1996). "मेरे पास कैंसर, कालाजार और एचआईवी का ईलाज है". Prabhat Khabar. Ranchi.
- Mani, Dinesh Kumar (1997). Children with Aids. TTK Pharma Ltd (Printing Division). p. 10.
- "Hindi: रोग के फैलाव का कारण ज्ञात नहीं तो फिर ईलाज कैसे हो". Aaj. Patna. September 9, 1992.
- "Hindi: होमियोपैथीक पद्धति से कालाजार का सफल ईलाज". Aaj. Patna. May 9, 1992.
- Kiran, Arora (September 20, 1997). "Hindi: होमियोपैथीक दवा से कैंसर और एड्स के ईलाज का दावा". Sandhya Times. New Delhi.
- "Hindi: होमियोपैथीक में कैंसर और एड्स की दवा". Jansatta. New Delhi. October 25, 1997.
- Kumar, Sinha Sanjay (September 1999). "Hindi: एड्स की चपेट में बच्चे". Sulabh India, Hindi Edition. pp. 20–21.
- Mani, Dinesh Kumar (1996). HIV/ AIDS & Cancer is Curable. Lokvani Printing Press.
- "Hindi: एंटीबायोटिक दवाओंके इस्तेमाल से जानलेवा बीमारियों का खतरा". Aaj. Patna. April 22, 1990.
- "Hindi: झंझारपुर में एड्स के जन्म और फैलाव के तत्व मौजूद". Navbharat Times. Patna. December 14, 1992.
- "Hindi: बिहार में कालाजार से मरने वालों की संख्या सबसे अधिक :डाक्टर मणि". Hindustan. Patna. May 6, 1997.
- "Hindi: कालाजार के सही इलाज़ के लिए तीन जांच जरूरी : मणि". Aaj. Patna. September 27, 1997.
- "Hindi: आयुर्वेद वैकल्पिक नहीं सम्पूर्ण चिकित्सा पद्धति : जोशी". Dainik Jagran. New Delhi. October 25, 1997.
- "Hindi: होमियोपैथ से कैंसर का ईलाज संभव". Hindustan. Patna. November 12, 1997.
- "Hindi: होमियोपैथ में जिनेटिक विज्ञान के सहारे इलाज". Prabhat Khabar. Patna. November 18, 1997.
- "Concern over antibiotics’ misuse". The Times of India. Patna. April 8, 2011.