Dinesh Sharma (academic)
Dinesh J. Sharma (born in New Dehli, India) is a social scientist, psychologist, academic and author in the fields of human rights, leadership and globalization. “The Global Obama: Crossroads of Leadership in the 21st Century” and most recently, “The Global Hillary."
Sharma graduated in 1996 with a Ph.D. from Harvard University in Psychology and Human Development and with training in Cultural Anthropology He completed a NIMH Post-Doctoral Fellowship in 1999 at Columbia University. Prior to his time at Harvard, he received his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (1986) and Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Loyola University in Chicago, IL (1990).
Sharma has served since 2003 as a senior fellow at the Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Research at St. Francis College in New York City. He is an Associate Research Professor (Hon.) at the Institute of Global Cultural Studies, SUNY Binghamton. , where he teaches in the Department of Human Development at Harpur College. Sharma has also taught a course at Fordham University at Lincoln Center entitled, “The UN and Global Leadership”. The course delves into the intricate consensus process at the United Nations, a part of the organizational leadership program.
Sharma is the author and editor of seven book as well as many journal articles. in addition is a regular columnist for Asia Times Online, The Global Intelligence, and contributor various other websites (e.g., Al Jazeera English, News Blaze). His Book: “Barack Obama in Hawaii and Indonesia: The Making of a Global President,” was rated as the Top 10 Black History Book for 2012 by the American Library Association. Sharma has also written frequently for Psychology Today.
Sharma has a been invited as a lecturer all over the world including Akademy Ke Polisi PTKI in Jakarta, Indonesia (2013) and Indian Society for International Law, New Delhi, India, August 2013 and as a panelist at the International Congress of Psychology in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2012. In 2011, Sharma was invited to tour with Democrats Abroad (DNC) through ten Countries of the European Union. In 2011, He also received the medal of honor from the New York Society for Behavioral Research an award where the honorees are chosen based on colleagues and students’ nominations of those they would most like to meet in person.
- "Dinesh Sharma". The Conversation.
- "The Hindu Freudian". ircnewsonline.com.
- "(PDF) Telephone-Based, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for African American Dementia Caregivers With Depression: Initial Findings". ResearchGate.
- "Election 2016: Changing and Challenging the Political GameColumbia Club of New York". Columbia Club of New York.
- "New Course Offers a Peek Behind the UN Curtain". Fordham Newsroom. 16 October 2015.
- "Dinesh Sharma, Author Info, Published Books, Bio, Photo, Video, and More". AALBC.com, the African American Literature Book Club.
- "Leaders in the Making". Psychology Today.
- "23rd Annual Greater New York Conference on Behavioral Research Thanks APS". Association for Psychological Science.