Ding Kuong Hiing
Ding Kuong Hiing
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Sarikei, Sarawak
|Political party||SUPP—Barisan Nasional|
|Occupation||Member of Parliament; engineer|
Ding Kuong Hiing is a Malaysian politician. He is the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Sarikei constituency in Sarawak, representing the Sarawak United Peoples' Party (SUPP) in the governing Barisan Nasional coalition.
Ding was elected to Parliament in the 2008 election. After defeating his opponent from the Democratic Action Party by 51 votes, he survived a legal challenge to the election in the Election Court, and an appeal to the Federal Court. Before his election, Ding was a staffer to the Chief Minister of Sarawak.
Ding is an engineer by profession and is married with two children.
|2008||Ding Kuong Hiing (SUPP)||10,588||47.6%||Wong Hua Seh (DAP)||10,537||47.4%|
- "Ding Kuong Hiing, Y.B. Tuan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Ding To Dedicate Himself To Serving Constituents". Berita Wilayah Sarawak (Bernama). 21 July 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- Wong, Jack (23 January 2009). "Court throws out appeal, Ding remains Sarikei MP (updated)". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- Subeng Stephen, Edward (2 March 2008). "Bintangor Oranges May Not Be Sweet Yet For BN First-timer". Berita Wilayah Sarawak (Bernama). Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Let’s be caring". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 21 April 2008. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 18 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout (including votes for other candidates not listed).