|Founded||Dalby, Queensland, Australia (1992 )|
Number of locations
|Dalby, Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Sydney, NSW,Melbourne, VIC, Perth, WA|
|Products||Mini Diggers, Mini Machine Attachments|
Dingo Australia, also registered as Dingo Mini Diggers Pty Ltd, is an Australian manufacturing company based in Dalby, Queensland. They are the manufacturers of the Dingo Mini Digger which was previously known as the Dingo Mini Loader.
The Dingo Mini Digger is a type of mini 'skid-steer loader', an easily maneuvered machine which can typically carry and load dirt, dig trenches, dig post holes and operate a range of attachments. The Dingo has a platform at the back on which the operator stands to operate the machine.
The original Dingo Mini Loader was invented by Ken Whiffin, who was a builder on the Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia. He was assisted by his son, Peter Whiffin, who registered a trading name "Riga'l Universal Loaders" for ownership of the patent associated with the machines. Jaden Engineering were contracted to build the early models. In the 1980s, Riga'L Universal Loaders trademarked the Dingo name for the product.
In 1991, Gary Briggs bought the rights to the Dingo machine and, in 1992, established Dingo Mini Diggers, transforming it with a more powerful engine and more hydraulic power. Today, the machine is available in several models and with a wide range of attachments.
In 1995, the Dingo product was introduced to the United States by Roger Braswell. In 1997, the manufacturing rights for the North and South American markets were sold to Toro. Toro continues to use the Dingo name for their "Compact Utility Loader" and small earthmover.
2005 Queensland Training Awards: Mining Industry Skills Centre Medium Employer of the Year & Resources and Infrastructure Industry Skills Council Award
- "The skills shortage: making headway, but no easy answers". Manufacturer's Monthly. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Australian Exporters: Dingo Mini Diggers". Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Mini Loaders, Skid Steers and Compact Tract Loaders". Australian Equipment Guide. Contractor Magazine.
- "Nothing doggo about Domestic Blitz's Dingo". Earthmover. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Intellectual Property Australia". Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "small equipment: Going Where no Machine has gone before". Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "QWeekend's 50 Best, Brightest". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Dingo scores training award". Queensland Country Life. Archived from the original on 1 September 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- Denne Goldstein. "Roger Braswell - LandCare USA". Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Compact Power Services". Archived from the original on 4 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Small Machines with Big Paybacks". Turf Magazine, Giles Lambertson — June 1, 2014
- Hearst Magazines (December 2000). Popular Mechanics. Hearst Magazines. pp. 105–. ISSN 0032-4558.
- "Queensland Training Awards". Retrieved 12 August 2013.