|Created by||J. J. Johnson|
|Directed by||J. J. Johnson|
|Theme music composer||Michael Paul-Ella|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Blair Powers|
|Producer(s)||Matthew J.R. Bishop|
|Editor(s)||Matthew J.R. Bishop|
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sinking Ship Entertainment|
|Picture format||HDTV (1080i)|
|First shown in||2009|
|Original release||January 4, 2010 –|
Dino Dan is a Canadian television series that was created and is directed by J. J. Johnson. The series premiered on TVOKids in Canada on January 4, 2010 and on Nick Jr. in the United States on October 17, 2010. The series also airs on Access, Knowledge Network, and SCN. It is produced by Sinking Ship Entertainment, in association with TVOKids, Access, Knowledge Network, and SCN. A third season of the series, Dino Dana, premiered on Amazon Prime on May 26, 2017. The show premiered on Universal Kids on October 6, 2018, three years after Nick Jr.'s rights to the series expired.
In this series that combines live action with CGI animation, paleontologist-in-training Dan Henderson and his friends take a journey to a modern-day world where dinosaurs roam freely. There, they have adventures, uncover clues about the past and teach children scientific information ranging from new species to dinosaur vocabulary.
Dino Dan: Trek's Adventures
A follow-up season starring Dan's younger brother, Trek, began airing in 2013. Trek, now age ten, is also able to see dinosaurs and spends his time learning about them as his brother did. There are fifteen new dinosaurs from Albertosaurus to Microraptor in this series. Dan did not have time to do his experiments because he has to help his father, so he asks Trek to do them for him. There was one season of 26 episodes.
On October 6, 2016, on YouTube, short introductory Dino Dana clips were first published. Dino Dana premiered on May 26, 2017 on Amazon Prime in the US and UK. TVO Kids picked up the show in June 2017. In Australia Dino Dana screens on ABC Kids. 
Dino Dana is about a nine-year-old girl named Dana Jain who sets out to achieve "dino experiments" that teaches her more about dinosaurs, pterosaurs, prehistoric marine reptiles and prehistoric mammals. Other characters include Saara, the older stepsister of Dana; Ava, the mother of Dana and stepmother of Saara; her stepfather; and Gloria, the grandmother of Dana on her mother's side.
In the first episode of the third season of Dino Dana called The Dino and the Egg. Dana and Saara's Mom named Ava gives birth to their baby brother named Dexter.
Dino Dan cast
- Jason Spevack as Dan Henderson
- Sydney Kuhne as Angie
- Isaac Durnford as Cory Schluter
- Jaclyn Forbes as Kami
- Allana Harkin as Mom (Melissa Jessica)
- Ricardo Hoyos as Ricardo Sanchez
- Trek Buccino as Trek Henderson
- Keana Bastidas as Jordan
- Sarah Carver as Mrs. Carver
- Andrea Martin as Mrs. Hahn
- Jayne Eastwood as Dan's grandmother (Ms. Currie)
- Mark McKinney as Mr. Drumheller
Dino Dana cast
- Michela Luci as Dana Jain
- Saara Chaudry as Saara Jain
- Amish Patel as Dad
- Nicola Correia-Damude as Mom (Ava)
- Bill Cobbs as Mr Hendrickson
- Laaibah Alvi as Young Saara
- Anna Cathcart as Robyn
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||May 25, 2009||February 15, 2011|
|2||26||September 3, 2013||October 15, 2015|
|3||13||May 24, 2017||August 19, 2017|
|4||13||March 19, 2018||August 4, 2018|
|5||13||May 20, 2019||TBA|
Baby Tyrannosaurus rex
Baby Pterodactylus (Only in Training Wings)
Dino Dan: Trek's Adventures
2009: Nominated for a Gemini Award for Best Preschool-to-4th Grade Program or Series
2009: Won the Shaw Rocket Prize for best independently produced Canadian children's, youth, or family program
2017: Dino Dana won the Kidscreen Award for Best New Series 
2018: Dino Dana won the Kidscreen Award for Best Non-Animated or Mixed Series 
- "Dino Dan - TVOKids.com". tvokids.com. Archived from the original on October 13, 2017. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- "Sinking Ship debuts Dino Dana – Page 661612 – TBI Vision". tbivision.com. Archived from the original on August 18, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Amazon sets the date for Dino Dana". kidscreen.com. Archived from the original on August 28, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Schedule October 6 2018". Universal Kids. Universal Kids. Archived from the original on October 6, 2018. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- "Amazon Original Kids Series Dino Dana Premieres May 26 on Prime Video in the US and UK". businesswire.com. Archived from the original on May 17, 2018. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Dino Dana - TVOKids.com". web.archive.org. June 5, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "Dino Dana - ABC KIDS". www.abc.net.au. Archived from the original on February 13, 2019. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Rocket Fund". www.rocketfund.ca. Archived from the original on December 11, 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "32nd Annual Young Artist Awards - Nominations / Special Awards". youngartistawards.org. Archived from the original on August 8, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Internet animation projects leave mark at Daytime Emmy Awards". kidscreen.com. Archived from the original on July 18, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Daytime Emmy Award nominees announced". kidscreen.com. Archived from the original on September 8, 2017. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "And the 2018 Kidscreen Awards go to". Kidscreen. Kidscreen. Archived from the original on February 14, 2018. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Who walked away with a 2019 Kidscreen Award?". kidscreen.com. Archived from the original on February 13, 2019. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- Zahed, Ramin (May 4, 2019). "'Loud House,' 'Daniel Tiger' Win Top Animation Daytime Emmys". animationmagazine.net. Archived from the original on May 5, 2019. Retrieved May 5, 2019.