Roman Catholic Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Italian Catholic diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno was created in 1986, merging the historic diocese of Nocera de' Pagani with parts of the diocese of Cava e Sarno. The diocese is a suffragan of the archdiocese of Salerno-Campagna-Acerno.
List of bishops
Bishops of Nuceria (3rd century - 1260)
Diocese suppressed in 1260
Bishops of Nuceria Paganorum (1386-1818)
Diocese restored by Pope Urban VI
Bishops of Sarno 1066-1818)
- Silvestro Granito, 1818-1832
Bishops of Nuceria Pagani (1834-1986)
In 1986, the diocese of Nuceria Pagani and parts of the diocesis of Cava and Sarno were merged into the diocese of Nuceria Inferior and Sarno.
- Gioacchino Illiano, since 1987
- "Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- "Diocese of Nocera Inferiore–Sarno" GCatholic.org. Gabriel Chow. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- Note that this is not the same as Priscus of Capua.
- "Bishop Emiddio Lenti" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved August 21, 2016
- Valerie Ramseyer, The Transformation of a Religious Landscape: Medieval Southern Italy, 850-1150, p. 153.
- Catholic Encyclopedia, Nocera dei Pagani (1913)
- "Bishop Francesco Marchesani". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved 21 January 2015.