Ferreira warming up for the Olyroos in 2011
|Full name||Diogo Alexandre Alves Ferreira|
|Date of birth||5 October 1989|
|Place of birth||Footscray, Victoria, Australia|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 August 2016.
At the age of 16, Ferreira completed a successful trial with FC Porto and was signed to the club's youth academy. Whilst in Portugal, he was loaned out to a second division team. At the age of 18,Ferreira thought it was time to return to Australia, and returned to Green Gully, his childhood club. Ferreira was then signed to Melbourne Victory's youth team playing in the National Youth League. He was a key player for two seasons, and was therefore promoted to the club's senior team.
On 10 May 2010, he was signed to a two-year professional contract with Victory.
Despite being a regularly used player at Melbourne Victory, Ferreira, along with teammates Tando Velaphi, Spase Dilevski and Sam Gallagher were released by Melbourne Victory in April 2013, shortly after the end of the 2012–13 A-League season. He left the club, having made 52 out of a possible 84 appearances for the club.
Shortly after his release from the Victory, Ferreira went on trial with rival A-League club Brisbane Roar. Less than two months after his release from the Victory, Ferreira was signed by the Roar on a one-year deal, along with former Sydney FC attacking midfielder Dimitri Petratos.
Ferreira has represented the Australia Olympic football team on seven occasions, scoring one goal. In addition to his Australian citizenship, Ferreira also has Portuguese citizenship and is eligible to play for Portugal.
- Melbourne Victory v Kawsaki Frontale Match Summary
- Angulo to stay in A-League with Victory
- "GLORY FOR FERREIRA". Football Federation Australia. 26 May 2014.
- "Perth Glory reveal squad shake-up". Football Federation Australia. 8 May 2016.
- "Persib Bandung Kontrak Diogo Ferreira Empat Bulan". Goal.com. 24 August 2016.