Diomidis D. Spinellis (Greek: Διομήδης Δ. Σπινέλλης; February 2, 1967, Athens) is a Greek computer science academic and author of the books Code Reading, Code Quality and Beautiful Architecture (co-author).
He is a professor at the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Athens University of Economics and Business, and a member of the IEEE Software editorial board, contributing the Tools of the Trade column. Since 2013 he is also editor-in-chief of IEEE Software. Spinellis is a four-time winner of the International Obfuscated C Code Contest (1988, 1990, 1991, 1995).
He is also a committer in the FreeBSD project, and author of a number of popular free or open-source systems: the UMLGraph declarative UML diagram generator, the bib2xhtml BibTeX to XHTML converter, the outwit Microsoft Windows data with command line programs integration tool suite, the CScout source code analyzer and refactoring browser, and the socketpipe fast IPC plumbing utility.
- Tools of the Trade
- UMLGraph Archived 2004-11-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Spinellis, Diomidis; Louridas, Panagiotis (August 2008). "The collaborative organization of knowledge". Communications of the ACM. 51 (8): 68–73. doi:10.1145/1378704.1378720.
Most new articles are created shortly after a corresponding reference to them is entered into the system
- Palaiologos, Yiannis (2015) The 13th Labour of Hercules: Inside the Greek Crisis, Portobello Books Ltd, ISBN 978-1846275869
- athensnews.gr Archived 2011-10-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Katsomitros, Alex (March 24, 2015). "The Greek tech revolution: meet the citizens battling corruption". The Guardian.