Diomidis D. Spinellis (Greek: Διομήδης Δ. Σπινέλλης; February 2, 1967, Athens) is a Greek computer science academic and author of the books Code Reading, Code Quality, Beautiful Architecture (co-author) and Effective Debugging.
He is a professor at the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Athens University of Economics and Business, and a member of the IEEE Software editorial board, contributing the Tools of the Trade column. Since 2014, he is also editor-in-chief of IEEE Software. Spinellis is a four-time winner of the International Obfuscated C Code Contest (1988, 1990, 1991, 1995).
He is also a committer in the FreeBSD project, and author of a number of popular free or open-source systems: the UMLGraph declarative UML diagram generator, the bib2xhtml BibTeX to XHTML converter, the outwit Microsoft Windows data with command line programs integration tool suite, the CScout source code analyzer and refactoring browser, the socketpipe fast IPC plumbing utility and directed graph shell the directed graph Unix shell for big data and stream processing pipelines.
On March 20, 2015, he was elected President of Open Technologies Alliance( GFOSS ). GFOSS is a non-profit organization founded in 2008, 36 Universities and Research Centers are shareholders of GFOSS. The main goal of GFOSS is to promote Openness through the use and the development of Open Standards and Open Technologies in Education, Public Administration and Business in Greece.
- Tools of the Trade
- Spinellis, Diomidis (2010). "CScout: A refactoring browser for C". Science of Computer Programming. 75 (4): 216–231. doi:10.1016/j.scico.2009.09.003.
- dgsh – directed graph shell
- Spinellis, D.; Fragkoulis, M. (2017). "Extending Unix Pipelines to DAGs". IEEE Transactions on Computers. 66 (9): 1547–1561. doi:10.1109/TC.2017.2695447.
- Spinellis, Diomidis; Louridas, Panagiotis (August 2008). "The collaborative organization of knowledge". Communications of the ACM. 51 (8): 68–73. doi:10.1145/1378704.1378720.
Most new articles are created shortly after a corresponding reference to them is entered into the system
- Palaiologos, Yiannis (2015) The 13th Labour of Hercules: Inside the Greek Crisis, Portobello Books Ltd, ISBN 978-1846275869
- athensnews.gr Archived 2011-10-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Katsomitros, Alex (March 24, 2015). "The Greek tech revolution: meet the citizens battling corruption". The Guardian.