Diplomatic Academy of London
|Dean||Prof. Nabil Ayad|
|Location||London, Paris, France|
DAL is located at the University of Westminster within the Regent Campus, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages. It is an integral part of the Department of Diplomacy and Applied Languages (DDAL), which also includes the Centre for Interpreting and Translation, China Projects Centre, Modern Languages Evening Programme and Westminster International Language Testing Centre (WILTC) which comprises IELTS and MODLEB – the University of Westminster & Ministry of Defence Languages Examinations Board.
Diplomats and students from over 148 countries have attended the diplomatic studies programme since its inception in 1980. Courses offered by DAL are valued by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, overseas Ministries for Foreign Affairs, Diplomatic Missions in London, international and regional organisations, multinational corporations and individual students for their relevance and focus on career development. DAL has been involved in training groups of diplomats from the Commonwealth, Eastern/Central Europe and Central Asia who have been sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
DAL is a participant in the UK Forum on Diplomatic Training, European Forum on Diplomatic Training, and the International Forum on Diplomatic Training.
The DAL has a satellite campus in Paris, France. The Westminster University Centre for International Studies in Paris is hosted by the French University FACO, Faculté libre de Droit d'Economie et de Gestion and situated a few minutes walk from the Luxembourg Gardens on the Left Bank (Rive Gauche). It is walking distance to St. Germain, famous for its literary and artistic associations such as Beauvoir, Sartre, Picasso, Hemingway and Beckett amongst others. It is only a few minutes walk to the some of the places they frequented such as the Select, Coupole and Closerie des Lilas.
- University of Westminster London - School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Languages
- University of Westminster - About Us
- Tomo Honda: The Honourable Councillor to the Fukushima Prefecture Government of Japan, Auditing Council at the Fukushima Legislative Assembly, Paris programme Alumnus
- Kojo Svedstrup Jantuah: Author - Odyssey to Elsinore: Reconciliation with the Past in Order to Move Forward.
- http://www.westminster.ac.uk/schools/humanities/diplomatic-academy-of-london Homepage of the Diplomatic Academy
- http://web.archive.org/web/20060525045353/www.wminac-paris.org/ Westminster Centre for International Studies in Paris
- http://www.facoparis.com Faculté libre de Droit d'Economie et de gestion
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bED_Cuxzzc&feature=player_embedded Diplomacy in the 21st Century: Sixteenth International Symposium at the University of Westminster