Diplomatic Immunity (TV series)
Diplomatic Immunity was a weekly political analysis and debate television show on TVOntario, which ran until 2006. Issues discussed reflected contemporary concerns; recently, these included terrorism, Middle East affairs, and US politics, though potentially any issue of international significance was considered.
It was hosted by Steve Paikin, and featured regular guests and invited analysts. Regular guests included:
- Janice Stein, Director of the Munk Centre for International Studies at the University of Toronto.
- Patrick Martin, a columnist and editor at the Globe and Mail
- Richard Gwyn, a columnist at the Toronto Star
- Lewis MacKenzie, a retired Major-General of the Canadian Forces
- Eric Margolis, a columnist at the Toronto Sun and the Huffington Post
Invited analysts were typically experts in the field of discussion; they were sourced from academia, politics and the business community alike.
The show aired on Friday nights at 11PM, and Sundays at 3PM and 11PM. It was cancelled at the same time as the nightly newsmagazine Studio 2. The new series The Agenda incorporated elements of both shows.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|