From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In physics, a dipole is a quantity involved some form of polarity
- Electric dipole
- Magnetic dipole
- Dipole moment (disambiguation)
- A flow dipole, a separation of a sink and a source in potential flow.
It may also refer to:
- Dipole antenna, a type of radio antenna
- Dipole magnet, a permanent magnet
- Dipole graph, a graph with two poles
- Dipole speaker, a loudspeaker enclosure
- Dipole model of the Earth's magnetic field - the Earth's magnetic field can be viewed as dipolar (first order approximation).
- Dipole anisotropy in Cosmology it has the property of being directionally dependent and is relative to the observer because one end of the 360-degree spectrum is redshifted, whereas the other end is blueshifted.
- Dipole–dipole attraction is one of several intermolecular forces.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dipole.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.