Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up dire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dire may refer to:
- Dire Tune (born 19 June, 1985), an Ethiopian long-distance runner;
- Dire Tladi, a professor of international law at the Department of Public Law and the Institute for International and Comparative Law in Africa at the University of Pretoria;
- Diré, a town located in the Tombouctou Region of Mali;
- Diré Cercle, an administrative subdivision of the Tombouctou Region of Mali, whose administrative center (in French, chef-lieu) is the mentioned town of Diré;
- Dire (woreda), one of the 180 woredas in the Oromia Region of Ethiopia;
- Dire Dawa, one of two chartered cities (astedader akabibi) in Ethiopia;
- Dire Dawa Stadium, a multi-use stadium in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia;
- Dire Dawa International Airport, an alternative name of the Aba Tenna Dejazmach Yilma International Airport;
- Dire Dawa University, a public university located in Dire-Dawa, Ethiopia;
- Dire Dawa City, a football club from Ethiopia;
- Dire animal, a larger, tougher and meaner version of a regular animal in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. Some examples are:
- Dire Tombs, a fictional location mentioned in the Dungeon Tiles series of supplements from the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game;
- Dire Wraith, a fictional extraterrestrial species published by Marvel Comics;
- Dire wolf, an extinct species of wolf;
- Dire, the team that opposes Radiant on Dota 2.
- Dire, an American metal band (active since 2010)
- Dire Straits, a British rock band (active from 1977 to 1988 and from 1991 to 1995);
- Dire Straits (album), an album from the rock band Dire Straits;
- Dire Straits Tour, the first concert tour by the rock band Dire Straits;
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.