Direcția Generală Anticorupție
|Anti-Corruption General Directorate|
Direcţia Generală Anticorupţie
|Motto||Integrity for credibility|
|Legal jurisdiction||As per operations jurisdiction|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Internal Affairs|
Direcţia Generală Anticorupţie (Anti-Corruption General Directorate, DGA) is an agency subordinated to the Romanian Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reform, tasked with preventing and investigating the corruption offenses, the criminal acts and misconduct among the personnel of the Ministry.
The Anti-Corruption General Directorate was established by the Law 161/2005 as the specialized structure for preventing of and fighting against corruption within the Ministry of Administration and Interior (MoAI).
DGA's mission is focused on preventing of and fighting against corruption offenses conducted by the Ministry of Administration and Interior personnel. Moreover, the Anti-Corruption General Directorate cooperates with public and private organizations with responsibilities in preventing and fighting corruption.
During investigations, the DGA staff are legally required to observe the principles of objectivity, confidentiality and impartiality, as well as the human rights and civic freedoms.
Another objective of the Anti-Corruption General Directorate is anticipating and identifying risk factors and system vulnerabilities in regard to corruption-related offenses.
The Anti-corruption General Directorate has the duty to:
- take the specific operative measures in order to prevent, provide information about and fight against corruption-related offenses perpetrated by the MoAI personnel;
- receive citizens' complaints/petitions on the corruption offenses allegedly perpetrated by the MoAI personnel;
- conduct specific public relations activities;
- perform judicial police activities, according to law;
- test the professional integrity of the MoAI personnel;
- establish international collaboration relations, according to the interests of the Ministry of Administration and Interior;
- administrate data concerning acts and offenses of internal corruption;
- analyze the evolution of the corruption offenses of the MoAI personnel and accordingly inform the Minister of Interior or other competent bodies, according to the law.
|This Romania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|