This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Danny Lerner|
|Produced by||Anton Hoeger
|Written by||Les Weldon|
|Story by||Danny Lerner
|Music by||Stephen Edwards|
|Cinematography||Ross W. Clarkson|
|Edited by||Michele Gisser|
|Distributed by||First Look Entertainment (United States)
Lionsgate (United Kingdom)
Direct Contact is a 2009 American action film written, produced and directed by Danny Lerner, and starring Dolph Lundgren, Michael Paré, Gina May and Bashar Rahal. The film was released on direct-to-DVD in the United States on June 2, 2009.
Mike Riggins (Dolph Lundgren), an imprisoned ex-US Marine in the Eastern European Republic of Gorna, is offered his freedom and money to rescue an American woman, Ana Gale (Gina May), who has been kidnapped by General Drago (Bashar Rahal), a ruthless warlord. But, shortly after freeing her, Mike discovers that the kidnap story was just a ruse to bring Ana out into the open. Our hero suddenly finds himself and his charge being hunted by ruthless government, para-military, and underworld organizations – all who want him dead and Ana under their control. With no one to turn to, and the enemies closing in, Mike must uncover the truth about Ana and bring her to the safety of the U.S. Embassy.
- Dolph Lundgren as Mike Riggins
- Michael Paré as Clive Connelly
- Gina May as Ana Gale
- Bashar Rahal as General Drago
- James Chalke as Trent Robbins
- Vladimir Vladimirov as Vlado Karadjov
- Raicho Vasilev as Boris
- Nikolay Stanoev as Gun Dealer
- Mike Straub as Lead Marine Guard
- Les Weldon as Anchorman
- Yoan Petrov as Vlado's Son
- Uti Bachvarov as Zoran Posternoff
- Alexander Kadiev as Chopper Pilot
- Teodor Tsolov as Janitor
- Marianne Stanicheva as Screaming Woman
- Gemma Garrett as Linda
It is set in and was filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria in 27 days from February 19 to March 17, 2008.
- Stock Footage was used from several films of the studio Nu Image / Millenium films library.
- General Drago is wearing the Serbian Eagle on his cap.
- The Flag of the Fictional Eastern European Republic of Gorna has Romanian tricolors with an Albanian Eagle.
- The vehicles have Bulgarian numbers and the Fictional flag of The Republic of Gorna.
- Beggs, Scott. "Exclusive: We Make Direct Contact with Dolph Lundgren", www.filmschoolrejects.com, published 06-02-2009. Retrieved 09-17-2015
|This article about a 2000s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|