Direct digital marketing
Direct digital marketing is a marketing method that uses such things as a consumer's email to send advertisements and other forms of communications to a target audience. Direct marketing campaigns feature calls-to-action that allow marketers to track and measure responses consumers have to marketing campaigns. The personalization and targeting capabilities of direct digital marketing have proven effective. The direct digital marketing has been done directly with the help of other digital medium options such as e-mail, web service, and social media platforms. It is easier to achieve goals in direct digital marketing as compared to traditional marketing. Another advantage of direct marketing is the cost reduction. By using digital marketing resources, companies lower their mail costs. E-mail marketing is much more affordable for companies in terms of marketing and directly reaching consumers. Businesses interact with customers through email, web browsers, mobile applications, social media sites, and other digital media channels. E-mail marketing is considered one of the key marketing solutions besides content and social media marketing.
Earlier, traditional direct marketing was achieved by using a customer’s postal address. Digital marketing is very similar to direct digital marketing. As the internet and social media began to grow, so did marketing through those platforms. Specifically, email marketing and text message marketing greatly expanded with the expanding technology.
Marketing Areas and Interactivity
Most areas of marketing interact and have a large amount of overlap.
- Branding: Shows recent shifts from real world to virtual spread of information. Some brands can strictly function online while others are strongly impacted by what is said about them offline.
- Advertising: Web and mobile advertising have taken over and gradually uprising in conventional media. This allows greater assessment of Return on Investment (ROI) as well as tracking of impact.
- Distribution: The web has become one of the most important channels of distribution for information-based products and services.
- Market Research: Market research can be very important for companies, especially online. It allows them to get feedback from customers on a real time, real reaction basis.
- Online marketing: A marketing method that uses Internet tools such as email, search engine optimization, paid marketing and banner ads to send marketing messages to consumers.
Additional types of marketing
Traditional marketing communications is divided into two primary types: direct marketing and mass marketing. Direct marketing is a marketing method that uses such things as a consumer’s postal address to send addressable communications to a target audience. Direct marketing campaigns feature calls-to-action that allow marketers to track and measure the responses from consumers. The personalization and targeting capabilities of direct marketing have proven effective. The direct digital marketing has been done directly with the help of digital medium option such as e- mail, and web service. The goal can easily be achieved in direct digital marketing in comparison to traditional marketing.
- Mass marketing is a marketing method that broadcasts a message to a large audience. The marketing message is not addressable, and is not easily tracked and measured.
- Online marketing is a marketing method that uses Internet tools such as email, search engine optimization, Paid Marketing and banner ads to send marketing messages to consumers.
- Mobile marketing is a marketing method that allows marketers to send marketing messages to consumers through the technologies found on a consumer’s mobile device. Consumers opt in to receive messages.
- Email marketing is a marketing method that uses email to send a marketing message to a targeted audience.
A benefit of direct digital marketing is that it helps combine captured online behavioral data with enterprise customer data, and thus, provides the marketer with unique opportunities for message targeting and segmentation that are not available with traditional marketing.
Ecosystems group around main software providers. These form around social and digital marketing when new standards and designs are created. Companies such as Apple and Google have created their own online ecosystems. Companies like Apple and Google are also able to be interfered with by regulators of ecosystems. In marketing, ecosystems have less coherence than in Information Technology (IT).
- Yasmin, Afrina (April 2015). "Effectiveness of Digital Marketing in the Challenging Age: An Empirical Study" (PDF). International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration. 1: 69–80. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2021-04-18.
- David Stone, Merlin; David Woodcock, Neil (2014-03-04). "Interactive, direct and digital marketing: A future that depends on better use of business intelligence". Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing. 8 (1): 4–17. doi:10.1108/JRIM-07-2013-0046. ISSN 2040-7122.
-  About.com Marketing Glossary: Direct marketing
- Stone, Merlin (October 2014). "The new (and ever-evolving) direct and digital marketing ecosystem". Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice. 16 (2): 71–74. doi:10.1057/dddmp.2014.58. ISSN 1746-0166.