This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Old Nagardas Road,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400069
|Bhavin Turakhia, Co-founder and CEO
Divyank Turakhia, Co-founder and President
|Revenue||USD $250+ million|
Number of employees
Directi is an IT services company founded in 1998 by Bhavin Turakhia and Divyank turakhia who was instrumental in the adoption of the seventy-day grace period for businesses concerned with the registry of IANA and ICANN. Directi is the first ICANN accredited registrar in India. The head office of Directi is in Mumbai, India, with subdivision offices in Delhi and Bangalore; Xiamen, China; Ras al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates; and in Queensland, Australia.
Directi has more than 1,500 employees working for the company. The company serves over 1,000,000 customers and has more than 50,000 channel partners, which is growing at a rate of 120% per annum. Directi services include communication and co-working apps, social networking software, instant messaging, context analysis engines, anti-spam and antivirus solutions, large-scale billing and provisioning platforms, traffic monetization solutions, online advertising solutions, DNS management products, Linux and Windows server management software, and web hosting control panels.
Endurance International Group acquired web presence business of Directi in 2014. EIG paid $109.8 million in a cash and stock for this deal. At present, Directi is valued at $1.4 billion, also making the Turakhia brothers billionaires. One of their most successful ventures, Media.net, was sold to a Chinese consortium for $900 million in 2016.
Directi has five offices in four countries.
New gTLD applications
In a press release, Directi announced its more than $30 million investment for its application for 31 new generic top level domain names (gTLDs) with ICANN's new Generic top level domain expansion program. The company established Radix to serve as the applicant and eventual registry operator for all the proposed 31 gTLDs, which are: .web, .shop, .bank, .law, .music, .news, .blog, .movie, .baby, .store, .doctor, .hotel, .play, .home, .site, .website, .click, .online, .tech .one, .ping, .space, .world, .press, .chat, .city, .deals, .insurance, .loans, .app, .host and .hosting, while Directi's traditional operations retain registry services by Bigrock and PDR Ltd.
Directi CEO Bhavin Turakhia anticipated string contention on the domain name strings. He said that his company is open to strategic partnerships with other parties. He said, "I expect there to be contention in all of them. Whether they will end up going to auction… we're completely open to strategic partnerships with other industry players who we believe can add value and join hands with us, based on merit. We'll be evaluating this on a case by case basis."
Directi has many subsidiary businesses, both wholly owned, and JSCs, including:
- "PublicDomainRegistry.com", known as PDR, a domain registry and renewal provider.
- LogicBoxes - LogicBoxes provides private label domain registration and web hosting solutions. Its services include registry exchange, web hosting, email hosting, and website builder.
- ResellerClub - ResellerClub offers domain registration (gTLDs and ccTLDs), Linux and Windows hosting, mail hosting, mail anti-spam and antivirus, SSL, etc.
- WebHosting.Info - Webhosting.Info offers information about the various domain registrars worldwide, a forum for discussions about domain, and tips and news related to domain hosting.
- Skenzo - Skenzo provides traffic monetization and domain parking services.
- BigRock.in - BigRock provides web hosting services for small businesses, professionals and individuals.
- Radix - In March 2012, it was announced that Directi would be launching a new gTLD entity that would be applying for and running new extensions. Radix is partnered with ARI Registry Services for its technical, registry needs. It was not announced at that time what gTLDs Radix would be applying for, but it was clear that they intended to put together a substantial portfolio.
- .pw The Professional Web - Directi has relaunched the .pw ccTLD as an Open ccTLD, targeting a professional audience with the acronym "Professional Web". It became the company's first active experience as a TLD registry.
- Zeta India - Zeta is a fintech company which provides digital payments solutions and digitised employee tax benefits
CodeChef is a non-profit initiative by directi, for conducting programming contests. It hosts online programming contests every month. It also hosts various events and trainings related to programming.
- Directi has won the PinkSlip Choice Award for the "most innovative recruitment advertisement" in 2008.
- Directi was ranked 13th in the Deloitte and Touche Fast 50 list in 2007.
Directi, over the course of the cybercriminal misappropriation of the nodename (domain-name) Hydro Dot Net, circumvented the ICANN dispute system by transferring between two registrars (BigRock and PDR) both of which are subsidiaries of Directi. They had deals made with a client of "Snapnames", and Cyberfuturistics Pty Ltd of India, prior to the misappropriation by wrongful deletion, or indeed, the failure to renew, as per their accreditation by ICANN.
Directiplex is a seven-floor facility in Mumbai that has been built to meet the increasing needs of Directi. It is has an area of 120,000 square feet and has the capacity for 1500 employees. Directiplex has an employee restaurant and a gaming center in the building. It was inaugurated in 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 29, 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Press Releases | Endurance International Group". Enduranceinternational.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 25, 2014. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 9, 2014. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Press Releases - Endurance International Group".
- "Web Host Endurance International Bulks Up With Buys". Investor's Business Daily. 8 April 2015. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Directi Valuation". 2016-08-24.
- "Div Turakhia just became a billionaire". www.backchannel.com. 2016-08-24.
- "Turakhia brothers living the American Dream". www.richestclan.com. 2016-08-24.
- "Directi Announces .pw as a Generic and Open TLD". Circleid.com. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Directi Invest Over $30 Million & Applies For 31 New gTLD's: Including: .Law, .Web, .Bank, .Shop". Thedomains.com. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 4, 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Products and Businesses". directi.com. Archived from the original on 28 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "The Directi Group launches Radix and appoints ARI Registry Services for new Top-Level Domain project". Ariservices.com. 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 21, 2014. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "DN Journal Newsletter - January 2010". Dnjournal.com. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2016-06-19.