Directorate General of Family Planning
|Website||Directorate General of Family Planning|
Family Planning Board and Family Planning Council was established in 1972. In August 1975, the Directorate of Family Planning was established under Division of Population Control and Family Planning under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The family planning council was upgraded to the National Council for Population Control.
In 2013 the websites of the Ministry of Social Welfare and the Directorate General of Family Planning were both hacked by Indonesian hackers. It works under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. In January 2016 it was found that the directorate had about 1200 job vacancies. In April 2017 a warehouse owned by the directorate in Mohakhali containing contraceptives burned down. The directorate runs Union level Health and Family Welfare Centre to help control population growth.
- "Family Planning's warehouse catches fire in Dhaka". Prothom Alo.
- "Reliable data needed to improve health sector: Experts". The Daily Star. 2 April 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "পরিবার পরিকল্পনা অধিদপ্তর". DGFP. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "2 govt websites hacked". The Daily Star. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Family planning stuck". The Daily Star. 28 January 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Warehouse in Mohakhali catches fire". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Health centres in bad shape". The Daily Star. 18 August 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|