Disappeared (TV program)
Title card (since season 6)
|Presented by||Christopher Walker|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||125|
|Running time||40–43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Peacock Productions|
|Original network||Investigation Discovery|
|Original release||December 10, 2009– present|
Disappeared is an American documentary television program on Investigation Discovery that debuted on December 10, 2009. The program contains re-enactments and interviews with law enforcement officers, investigators, and relatives connected with cases in which individuals have gone missing. Each episode focuses on a single case of either one individual, or sometimes several individuals who disappeared together.
The program's initial run was composed of six seasons that originally aired between December 2009 to April 2013. Following a 3-years-long hiatus, on April 11, 2016, the program resumed on the Investigation Discovery network, debuting its seventh season.
Disappeared follows a documentary format. It features re-enactments and interviews with family members, friends, and law enforcement connected to the missing subject(s), to explore their recent lives and last actions prior to disappearing. By the time episodes air, some cases have been resolved, with a variety of outcomes, but most often the cases covered have not been explained at the time the episode reaches broadcast.
The series debuted on December 10, 2009, featuring the case of Brandi Ellen Wells. After the series' sixth season conclusion in 2013, it was on a three-years-long hiatus. On April 11, 2016, the series returned to Investigation Discovery for a seventh season. The program was renewed for an eighth season, which premiered March 26, 2017. The ninth season premiered March 16, 2018.
|Season||Episodes[a]||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||13||December 10, 2009||April 5, 2010|
|2||13||October 4, 2010||December 27, 2010|
|3||13||January 3, 2011||March 28, 2011|
|4||14||April 4, 2011||January 2, 2012|
|5||17||January 9, 2012||April 30, 2012|
|6||15||November 19, 2012||April 4, 2013|
|Specials||4||May 26, 2014||April 12, 2015|
|7||10||April 11, 2016||June 6, 2016|
|8||13||March 26, 2017||June 26, 2017|
|9||TBA||March 16, 2018||TBA|
- "Investigation Discovery Debuts New 1st Quarter Slate with Six New Series and the Finale of on the Case with Paula Zahn". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Investigation Discovery Enters 2010-11 Upfront Season with Powerful Ratings Momentum". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Sage, Alyssa (March 17, 2016). "Investigation Discovery Reviving Missing Persons Series 'Disappeared'". Variety. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Disappeared". TV Guide. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- "Investigation Discovery Revives Viewer-favorite Series Disappeared for a Seventh Season, Giving Hope to a New Group of Families Still Searching for Their Missing Loved Ones – Discovery Communications, Inc". discovery.com. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- McLennan, Cindy (March 17, 2017). "Disappeared: Season Eight Kicks Off with 100th Episode". TV Series Finale. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Disappeared: Episodes". TV Guide. Retrieved June 21, 2017.