Disciples (production team)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||South London, England, United Kingdom|
2013–14: Early career
Disciples released their debut EP Remedy in 2013 on New State Music. It was picked up by DJ Target who introduced it to the mainstream on his 100% HomeGrown show on BBC Radio 1Xtra, a BBC radio channel. They also released the track "Catwalk" picked by Pete Tong, a British DJ on BBC and record label owner FFRR Records. Disciples's first major hit was "They Don't Know", released once again on FFRR Records in February 2015. BBC Radio 1 picked it as its "Track of the Day" and Tong highlighted it in his BBC Radio 1 programme Essential Mix.
The trio gained international recognition through their collaboration with fellow British record producer Calvin Harris on "How Deep Is Your Love", which peaked at No. 2 on the UK Singles Chart and No. 27 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The group released their EP The Following through FFRR Records on 24 October 2015. "How Deep Is Your Love" was nominated for British Artist Video of the Year and British Single at the 2016 Brit Awards. Later in the year, on 12 August, the trio released 'Daylight' which became Annie Mac's Hottest Record In The World. The song was added to Pete Tong's Essential Tune playlist and Danny Howard's Dance Anthems.
On 17 February 2017 Disciples released 'On My Mind' which peaked at No.15 in the UK Chart. The track went gold and stayed in the charts for a total of 22 weeks. It also featured as Radio 1's Hottest Record In The World and Tune Of The Week. Later on that year, on 29 September, Disciples released the track "Jealousy" which gained radio success and became Radio 1's Tune Of The Week.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"They Don't Know"||2015||24||—||94||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||
|"How Deep Is Your Love"
(with Calvin Harris)
(with David Guetta)
|"On My Mind"||2017||15||—||10||—||—||—||—||63||—||—||
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
|"Promise Land"||2017||Pete Tong, Jules Buckley, Heritage Orchestra||Ibiza Classics|
- "Disciples Have Just Soundtrack-ed Your Weekend - MTV UK".
- "Get To Know Disciples - Magazine - Ministry of Sound".
- Monique, Jae (21 July 2015). "Calvin Harris releases new song with Disciples 'How Deep Is Your Love'". AXS. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100 | Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Calvin Harris - Chart history". www.billboard.com. Billboard. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Disciples Follow Up Calvin Harris Collab With New EP: Listen To "Mastermind" - Idolator". 15 September 2015.
- "British Artist Video of the Year nominations announced".
- "British Single nominations announced".
- Evans, Steph (15 September 2015). "Disciples returns with "Mastermind" and word of a new EP". EARMILK.
- "British certifications – Disciples". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 20 June 2017. Type Disciples in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "New Zealand single certifications". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "48HRS – Single by Disciples on Apple Music". iTunes Store (GB). Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "Atheist - Single by Disciples". iTunes Store. Retrieved 28 April 2018.