Discoperi Inc. is a Ukrainian-based automotive startup company with a headquarter in Madrid, Spain. It was founded in 2016 and is developing a smart device for cars — System “Eye” — an intelligent IoT device based on AI algorithms, big data and blockchain network. It is designed as a video control system that recognizes all participants on the roads, understands the surroundings and notifies drivers on unusual behaviour and possible collisions.
About System “Eye”
The System “Eye” consists of three fundamental components: an on-board IoT device, AI algorithms and a protocol that connects all devices into a single network (DCNV).
The device can be installed on the windshield of any vehicle in order to identify and parse data such as road situations, vehicles characteristics and status, driving behaviour, and transfer it to the Cloud.
Core characteristics of the device:
- 8Mp IR camera 1200 front view
- Full HD
- High speed connection (100+ MB) ~250g
- GPU with 256 cores Figure 9 – System “Eye”
To support the data transfer and exchange, Discoperi has also developed a Fast Short Message Protocol (FSMP).
Discoperi is to create a fully cycled automotive ecosystem with drivers in its centre. Driver-centric partnerships include automotive OEMs, fleet management, insurance companies, law enforcement agencies, and municipalities.
In May 2016, the Discoperi's R&D core team started working on the first product prototype and a few months later the first product prototype with deep-learning algorithms was delivered.
In early 2017, the company has been approved as an Associate Member of Khube (KPMG Hub for Entrepreneurs). At the same time, the team has developed a Fast Short Message Protocol (FSMP) to support the data transfer and exchange across the community in less than a second.
Later on, Discoperi launched the first deployment of System “Eye” in Madrid and started shooting roads to educate AI algorithms. Engaging with taxi fleet, Discoperi started collecting data required for the pilot roll-out.
EQT Ventures took Discoperi as a project and at this point System “Eye” prototype could already recognize cars.
In November 2017, System “Eye” was showcased to Ford Motor Company management team. It received very positive feedback from Ford’s focus groups (9 out of 10 people would like to use System “Eye” daily).
At the end of 2017, Discoperi has decided to change the focus towards blockchain and distributed community to ensure data protection and independence. Since then, the R&D team has been expanded and began its work on developing blockchain network based on Ethereum protocol.
By May 2018, Discoperi has completed the White Paper and secured initial ICO funding from a prominent crypto fund.
In June 2018, Discoperi has opened a new R&D office in Kiev, Ukraine.
By the end of the year, Discoperi is planning  to finish System “Eye” beta version, update the device and launch an ICO campaign with DISC tokens distribution.
Since launching the first version of its product System “Eye”, Discoperi has been recognized by several independent organizations around the world for its innovative approach.
- The Startup World Cup, 2019 — World Blockchain Summit in Singapore 
- The best startup in Europe, Startup4Export, 2018 — Impact CEE’ 2018
- Top-15 best Spanish startups, 2018 — ICEX
- Top-10 Ukrainian hardware IoT startups, 2017 — Ukrainian Venture Capital Association (UVCA)
- 2nd place in nomination “The best innovative project”, 2017 — Startup Lab, IE
- Top-20 automotive startups-participants in “Make it drivable challenge”, 2017 — Ford Motor Co.
- Top-50 high-potential startups, 2017 — G-Startup, Tel Aviv
- Top-50 innovative startups of the world, 2017 — The New York Venture Summit, YoungStartup Ventures
- MGM, Stankevicius (July 17, 2018). "Interview with Alex Bondarenko, Founder & CEO of Discoperi". Entrepreneur_(magazine).
- "Cool Discoperi will compete for a US $1,000,000 investment prize in San Francisco". Business Insider. July 27, 2017.
- Kabachinsky, Ilya (October 13, 2017). "10 стартапов украинской секции в рамках CES-2018". AIN.UA.