Discovery Bay Marine National Park
|Discovery Bay Marine National Park
|Nearest town or city||Portland|
|Established||16 November 2002|
|Area||27.7 km2 (10.7 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Parks Victoria|
|Website||Discovery Bay Marine National Park|
|See also||Protected areas of Victoria|
The Discovery Bay Marine National Park is a protected marine national park located in the Western District of Victoria, Australia The 2,770-hectare (6,800-acre) marine park is located near Portland, and extends along 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) of coastline on the western side of Cape Bridgewater, from Cape Duquesne to Blacks Beach, and offshore 3 nautical miles (5.6 km; 3.5 mi) to the limit of Victorian waters.
The Discovery Bay Coastal Park protects the adjacent coastline.
- Discovery Bay Marine National Park management plan (PDF). Parks Victoria (PDF). Melbourne: Government of Victoria. February 2007. pp. 1, 5. ISBN 0-7311-8361-4. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Discovery Bay Marine National Park". Parks Victoria. Government of Victoria. 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Discovery Bay Marine National Park: visitor guide" (PDF). Parks Victoria (PDF). Government of Victoria. December 2003. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- Plummer, A.; Morris, L.; Blake, S.; Ball, S. (September 2003). "Marine Natural Values Study: Victorian Marine National Parks and Sanctuaries" (PDF). Parks Victoria Technical Series (PDF). Government of Victoria. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Marine National Parks and Marine Sanctuaries Boundary Coordinates" (PDF). Parks Victoria (PDF). Government of Victoria. July 2013.
- "Discovery Bay Marine National Park: Marine Natural Values Study Summary" (PDF). Parks Victoria and Deakin University (PDF). Government of Victoria.
- Discovery Bay Marine National Park (PDF) (Map). Parks Victoria, Government of Victoria. January 2014.
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|