Discovery Networks EMEA
As of February 2011 Discovery Networks Europe comprises two different branches: Discovery Networks Western Europe and Discovery Networks CEEMEA. The networks main headquarters are in London and Warsaw with regional offices in Amsterdam, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Madrid, Munich, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Stockholm among others.
Current regional operations
As of late 2014, Discovery Networks Europe has reorganized its operations in Europe. It now consists of the following branches:
- Discovery Networks Northern Europe serving Ireland, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the UK
- Discovery Networks CEEMEA servicing Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Discovery Networks Southern Europe serving France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
In early 2011, Discovery Networks International restructured its operations in Europe. In February 2011, it established two key branches which resulted in the amalgamation of its localized networks in Europe.
Previous regional operations
In 2007, Discovery Networks Europe decided to localize its networks across Europe. This resulted in the establishment of Discovery Discovery Networks Deutschland, Discovery Networks Benelux, Discovery Networks Nordic, Discovery Networks UK & Ireland and Discovery Networks Italia and Discovery Networks EMEA (which served all other territories). As of 2011, operations in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, France and Flanders are operated by Discovery Networks Western Europe. All other operations in Europe are operated by Discovery Networks CEEMEA in Warsaw.
Channels and branding
Discovery Networks Europe overs 36 different brands across Europe, the Middle-East, Central Asia and Africa. It offers its channels to 135 different countries. Hosting 73 different feeds of its channels with subtitles in various languages. The networks has a total of 397.3 million subscribers.
- Pan-European Feed
- French Feed
- German Feed
- Italian Feed
- (Middle East & North Africa)
- Animal Planet UK/Ireland
- Discovery HD Europe
- Discovery Home & Health UK/Ireland
- Discovery History
- Discovery Real Time
- Discovery Shed (UK /Ireland Only)
- Discovery Science UK/Ireland
- Discovery Travel & Living UK/Ireland
- Discovery Turbo UK/Ireland
- DMAX UK & Ireland
- Investigation Discovery UK & Ireland
- Quest (UK only)
- Animal Planet Poland
- Discovery Science Poland
- Discovery World Poland
- TLC Poland
- Investigation Discovery
- Discovery Historia
- Animal Planet Italy
- Discovery Science Italy
- Discovery Real Time Italy
- Discovery Travel & Living Italy
- Discovery Real Time France
- DMAX Germany
- Animal Planet Germany
- Discovery HD Germany
- Animal Planet Africa
- Animal Planet Benelux
- Animal Planet (Europe, Middle East & North Africa)
- Animal Planet Nordic
- Animal Planet Romania
- Discovery Science (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Discovery World (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Discovery Travel & Living Europe
- Investigation Discovery (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Investigation Discovery Xtra
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Discovery splits UK and EMEA operations". Digital Spy. January 24, 2007.
- "Paxton steps down as Discovery splits". Broadcast. January 23, 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-21. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2011-09-07.