|Launched||4 June 2001; 17 years ago|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks Asia Pacific|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV 16:9)
|Slogan||"Life That is Anything But Ordinary."|
|Replaced||Discovery Travel & Adventure (2001-2004)
Discovery Travel & Living (2005-2010)
|Sister channel(s)||Discovery Channel
Asian Food Channel
Travel Channel Asia
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 566|
|Channel 6596 (HD)|
|Channel 63 (SD)|
|Channel 30 (HD 800/77/99)
Channel 11 (C01/C02)
|Sky Cable / Destiny Cable
|Channel 62 (SD)
Channel 243 (HD)
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI)
|Channel 38 (SD)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong
|Channel 755 (SD)
Channel 712 (HD)
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable
|Parasat Cable TV
|Surigao Cable TV
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 409|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 254 (HD)|
TLC is a television channel available in South-East Asia, previously known as Discovery Travel & Living. Plans to launch the channel first surfaced in 2000 when Discovery started working on expanding Discovery Travel & Adventure and Discovery Health to the Asian and Latin American markets.
The channel launched as Discovery Travel & Adventure in June 2001. It was the third channel launched by Discovery Networks in the region. It was initially focused on providing travel-related entertainment.
On January 1, 2005, the channel was rebranded as Discovery Travel & Living and received new programming. This was part of a major action within Discovery Networks International to focus on lifestyle programming. The new schedules featured many cooking programmes and makeover shows.
On 1 September 2010, the channel was rebranded again into TLC, with international and local lineups. The new channel was said to be "bigger, better and bolder, featuring new places, genres, and faces."
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
- Amazing Eats
- Anthony Bourdain: The Layover
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Armando's Asian Twist
- Around the World in 80 Plates
- Cake Boss
- Chic Eats
- Fabulous Cakes
- The Flying Winemaker
- Fun Asia
- Fun Taiwan
- Fun Taiwan Challenge
- How To Cook Like Heston
- Island Feast With Peter Kuruvita
- Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
- Jamie's 30 Minute Meals
- Kitchen Boss
- Man v. Food Nation
- Mission Menu
- My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding
- Now Boarding India
- The Originals with Emeril
- Project Accessory
- Samantha Brown: Passport To Latin America
- Take Home Chef
- "The Flying Winemaker"
- The World's Richest People
- World's Weirdest Restaurants
- Ubc Channel Index
- Sutter, Mary (March 8, 2000). "Discovery dishes 2". Variety.
- Osborne, Magz (June 5, 2001). "Discovery net gets the travel bug". Variety.
- "Discovery travel is born ... Alive dies". Television Asia. June 1, 2001.
- "Going places". Television Asia. July 1, 2001.
- Osborne, Magz (November 28, 2004). "Discovery discovers fresh lifestyle niche". Variety.
- "Cable channel changes focus from adventure to lifestyle". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. January 4, 2005.
- "Discovery To Replace Travel & Living With TLC". Media Research Asia. July 20, 2011.