© 2007 Studio Canal
|Directed by||Amos Gitai|
|Produced by||Nicolas Blanc
|Written by||Amos Gitai
|Edited by||Isabelle Ingold|
|Distributed by||Studio Canal|
Disengagement (Désengagement) is a film directed by Amos Gitai, starring Juliette Binoche, with Jeanne Moreau in a supporting role. The film is a French/Italian/Israeli co-production, and was shot in France, Germany and Israel. It is the third film of Gitai's Border Trilogy.
Following the death of her father, Ana (Binoche) and her adopted brother Uli (Liron Levo) meet in Avignon. It is stated in her father's will that Ana can't receive her inheritance until she has found the child she abandoned as a teenager. This journey leads her to Gaza during the 2005 Israeli disengagement, a time fraught with danger and uncertainty.
- Juliette Binoche as Ana
- Liron Levo as Uli
- Jeanne Moreau as Françoise
- Barbara Hendricks as Barbara
- Dana Ivgy as Dana
- Hiam Abbass as Hiam
- Tomer Russo as Tomer
- Israel Katorza as Israel
- Yussuf Abu-Warda as Youssef
- Uri Klauzner as Uri
- Amos Gitai
- Vivarelli, Nick (2007-08-17). "'Disengagement' set for Venice - Cannes Film Festival". Variety. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- Toronto fills calendar with global diversity Archived September 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Scheib, Ronnie (6 September 2007). "Review: 'Disengagement'". Variety. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Dan Fainaru (6 September 2007). "Disengagement [review]". Screen Daily.
- Amos Gitai Official Website - Production listing
- Disengagement at the Internet Movie Database
- Film de Culte - Filming information
- news on Désengagement's Venice selection and set photo
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|