|Public company (BSE: 532839)|
|India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan|
|R. C. Venkateish
|Products||Direct-broadcast satellite, pay television, pay-per-view|
|Revenue||₹20.28 billion (US$320 million) (2012)|
|Parent||Zee Entertainment Enterprises (owned by Essel Group)|
|Subsidiaries||Management Services Limited (ISMSL), Agrani Convergence Limited (ACL), Agrani Satellite Services Limited (ASSL)|
Dish TV (stylised as dishtv) is India’s largest Direct to Home (DTH) television operator using MPEG 4 DVB S2 and MPEG 2 digital compression technology. It is a division of Zee Network Enterprise (Essel Group Venture). It was ranked # 437 and # 5 on the list of media companies in Fortune India 500 roster of India's largest corporations in 2011. Dish TV was also voted India's most trusted DTH brand according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory. It uses MPEG-2 digital compression technology, transmitting using NSS-6 Satellite at 95.0. Dish TV has started to use MPEG 4 DVB S2 digital compression technology using Asiasat 5 at 100.5 E using its dish tru hd + STB. Dish TV's managing director and Head of Business is Jawahar Goel who is also the promoter of Essel Group and the President of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation. Zee Network incorporated Dishtv to modernise television (TV) viewing. It provides features such as Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), parental lock, games, 425+ channels and services, interactive TV and movies on demand.It shows the maximum number of HD channels(42).
Dish TV uses NSS-6 & SES8 at 95*E to broadcast SD channels whereas It uses ASIASAT 5S satellite to broadcast its HD channels which are 40 in count with 3 Upscaled HD Channels It is also the first Indian DTH to Use 3 Satellites to beam a Single DTH Service
As of 1 April 2015, Dish TV has about 14.1 million active customers, making it Asia's Largest DTH firm.
Dish TV Lanka
This is a new challenge upheld by Dish TV to inaugurate satellite television services in Sri-Lanka mostly to compete with the island's main Satellite TV provider,"Dialog TV", which holds nearly a 250,000 subscriber base in Sri-Lanka.The company commenced its operations in the region from the 27th of March 2015. 
- Essel Group
- DD Direct+
- In Digital
- Reliance Digital TV
- Sun Direct
- Airtel digital TV
- TATA Sky
- Videocon d2h
- Fortune India 500
- List of companies of India
- FY 2011 Network 18
- TV contact 8520941444gies-exit-list/ "Dish TV makes it to Fortune India 500, 4 biggies exit list". MxM India. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Dish TV voted as India's Most trusted DTH Brand".
- "India's Most Trusted DTH Brands 2014". Trust Research Advisory.
- "DishTV India – First DTH TV, Satellite TV, Digital Picture and DTH Services in India". Dishtv.in. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Dish Sawaar Hai – DISHTV new brand commercial". YouTube. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- TV contact 8520941444rect-knowledge "Tata Sky plans to raise Rs 2000 crore via IPO". EconomicTimes.IndiaTimes.com. 31 October 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Dish TV LANKA". ww.dishtv.lk. April 2015. Retrieved April 2015.