Disk Usage Analyzer
Screenshot of Disk Usage Analyzer
|Original author(s)||Fabio Marzocca|
|Stable release||3.30.0 (5 September 2018) [±]|
|Preview release||3.30rc2 (1 September 2018) [±]|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Disk Usage Analyzer is a graphical disk usage analyzer for GNOME. It was part of gnome-utils, but was split off for GNOME 3.4. It was originally named Baobab after the Adansonia tree. The software gives the user a menu-driven, graphical representation of what is on a disk drive. The interface allows for selection of specific parts of filesystem being scanned so a single folder, the entire filesystem, and even remote folders and filesystems can be scanned. The graphical representation can be switched between a ring chart and a treemap chart so the presentation can be tailored to the specific content being scanned.
- For Windows: SpaceSniffer; WinDirStat (https://windirstat.net/)
- For Linux/Unix: KDirStat, which inspired WinDirStat; QDirStat, and K4DirStat, based on KDirStat; GdMap; Filelight
- For macOS: Disk Inventory X, inspired by WinDirStat; GrandPerspective
- Clasen, Matthias (5 September 2018). "GNOME 3.30 released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Jardón, Javier (1 September 2018). "GNOME 2.30rc2 (2.29.92) RELEASED". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- GnomeUtils - GNOME Live!
- "Disk Usage Analyzer for GNOME". Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- "Baobab Usage". Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- "Baobab Shows". Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/SystemMonitor/MergeWithUsage SystemMonitor
- "Disk Inventory X". Retrieved 1 Apr 2015.
The layout algorithm is based on KDirStat. The idea to develop this program came to me when a fellow of mine showed me his creation WinDirStat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baobab.|
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer data storage-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|