Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A Musical Spectacular
The Aladdin marquee in 2010.
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opening date||January 16, 2003|
|Closing date||January 11, 2016|
|Replaced||The Power of Blast (2001-2002)|
|Replaced by||Frozen – Live at the Hyperion|
|Disney Cruise Line|
|Designer||Walt Disney Creative Entertainment|
|Music||Alan Menken (original songs)|
It was performed inside the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure from 2003 to 2016. In September 2015, it was announced that the show's final day of performance would be January 10, 2016. The show was then closed on January 11, and was replaced by a musical stage show inspired by Disney's 2013 animated film Frozen, which premiered in May 2016.
The Broadway Style Musical will be performed in India starting in 2018.
- Miles Wesley - Aladdin
- Deedee Magno - Jasmine
- Nick Santa Maria - Genie
- Lace Robert - Jafar
- Jamila Ajibade - Narrator
The production is a Broadway-type show. Many of the scenes and songs from the movie are re-created on stage and some of the action spills out into the aisles, such as Prince Ali's arrival in Agrabah on elephant back.
At Disney California Adventure, the 45-minute production took place in the 2,000 seat Hyperion Theater, located at the end of Hollywood Land. While most of the show was scripted, the Genie's dialogue often changed to reflect current events in the news and popular culture. The musical replaced the venue's previous show, The Power of Blast, which played from 2001 to 2002.
Alan Menken composed and wrote lyrics for a new song for this production, called "To Be Free".
Buena Vista Records released an official soundtrack to the production in 2003. This is an original cast recording, and includes almost every piece of music used in the show. The main cast on the recording is Miles Wesley (Aladdin), Deedee Magno (Jasmine), Nick Santa Maria (Genie), Lance Roberts (Jafar) and Jamila Ajibade (Narrator). Orchestrations by Timothy Williams (composer).
1. Arabian Nights*/A Thousand Stories/Who Dares Approach (1:43)
2. Off You Go/The Mouth Closes (:34)
3. You Have Been Warned (:11)
4. Aladdin Intro (:24)
5. One Jump Ahead (2:44)
6. Street Rat! (:24)
7. Princess of Agrabah (:14)
8. Old Man (:48)
9. Go Now, Into the Cave/Gold Reveal/Cave Collapse (1:57)
10. Carpet (:39)
11. Genie Up (:22)
12. Friend Like Me (3:18)
13. The Palace (:25)
14. Sultan's Fanfare (:13)
15. Prince Ali (2:04)
16. Genie Free/Jafar Plots (1:27)
17. To Be Free (2:44)
18. A Whole New World (3:38)
19. A Whole New World - Underscore (:20)
20. I'll Say (:42)
21. We Through Yet/Prince Ali (Reprise) (1:36)
22. Snake! (:41)
23. He Has More Power (:50)
24. Father, I've Decided (:59)
25. Celebration (1:36) (includes "Arabian Nights", "To Be Free", "A Whole New World")
26. Curtain Call (1:13) (includes: "One Jump Ahead", "Prince Ali", "To Be Free", "Friend Like Me")
- Slater, Shawn (September 9, 2015). "All New 'Frozen'-Inspired Stage Musical Coming to Disney California Adventure Park in 2016". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- Slater, Shawn (March 4, 2016). "New Stage Musical 'Frozen – Live at the Hyperion' Opens May 27, 2016, at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "Disney Aladdin - Broadway Style Musical". BookMyShow.