Disney's American Legends
|Directed by||Lara Shapiro|
|Produced by||Richard Kaylor|
|Written by||Shirley Pierce|
|Narrated by||James Earl Jones|
|Edited by||Leland Gray
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Home Entertainment|
- Johnny Appleseed released in 1948
- The Brave Engineer released in 1950
- Paul Bunyan released in 1958
- John Henry released in 2000 (featuring Alfre Woodard as Polly and newcomer Tim Hodge as McTavish)
The compilation was released February 12, 2002. John Henry will be released on the Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection Blu-ray on August 18, 2015.
Mike Pinsky, of DVD Verdict, reviewed the compilation saying, "If, as James Earl Jones says in the finale, the message of this film is to "look for the heroes around you and celebrate them," Disney's American Legends is an interesting, if half-hearted, attempt to carry out that advice." Kirby C. Holt, Toon Talk, reviewed the compilation saying, "Although the program definitely presents the shorts in descending order of quality, it ends on a high note with these inspirational words from James Earl Jones: "Look for the heroes around you and celebrate them ... you can find them in the past, in the present, even in the mirror."
Retells the story of John Henry, who raced against a steam drill.
- Director: Mark Henn
- Producer: Steven Keller
- Writer: Broose Johnson, Tim Hodge, Shirley Pierce
- Music: Stephen James Taylor
- Art Director: Robert Stanton
- Director: Wilfred Jackson
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Writer: Winston Hibler, Erdman Penner
- Music: Paul J. Smith
The Brave Engineer
Retells the exploits of railroad engineer Casey Jones.
- Doty, Meriah (June 4, 2015). "'Frozen Fever' (and Easter Eggs!) Coming Soon on Disney Shorts Blu-ray (Exclusive)". Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- DVD Verdict
- Toon Talk
|This Disney-related animated film article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|