Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
|Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort|
|Location||Epcot Resort Area|
|Resort type||Moderate resort|
|Opened||October 1, 1988|
|Areas||Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad|
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is a resort located within the Walt Disney World Resort. It is located in the Epcot Resort Area of Walt Disney World, close to the waterpark Typhoon Lagoon and is classified as a moderately priced resort. The resort started operating on October 1, 1988 and is owned and operated by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Caribbean Beach Resort is designed with a Caribbean theme. Guests stay in one of the small buildings that encircle Barefoot Bay, a 45-acre (180,000 m2) lake. Buildings are grouped into one of five villages, with shared resources, each named after an island in the Caribbean: Martinique, Barbados, Jamaica, Aruba, and Trinidad. There is also a bus that travels throughout the entire resort to get from each village to the next. Each village has its own swimming pool and some also have their own playgrounds.
Resort facilities are located at Old Port Royale Centertown, a building that contains a restaurant, a food court, arcade, and two gift shops.
The shores of the bay feature beaches, hammocks, and other activities such as beach volleyball. The resort also features various water sports at the Marina, where resort guests can rent various watercraft, such as paddle boats and speed boats by the half-hour.
Guest rooms are decorated in a Caribbean style with pastel tones and each island village has slightly different themes. In 2009, Disney began work redesigning some rooms to a Finding Nemo theme. In January 2009, Disney refurbished many rooms in the Trinidad South village with a pirate theme.
Caribbean Beach Resort offers a variety of dining options including sit-down restaurants, lounges and bars, and quick service restaurants.
- Sebastian's Bistro- Caribbean Beach's full-service restaurant, serving American cuisine with Caribbean influences.
- Centertown Market- Caribbean Beach's quick service restaurant, located at Old Port Royale
- Banana Cabana - pool bar located at Old Port Royale which serves snacks and drinks poolside.
- Spyglass Grill- located by Trinidad's pool serves American food with a Caribbean twist.
- Pools - Six heated pools are located throughout the island villages. The Old Port Royale pool features waterfalls, water slides, and shooting cannons and is the resort's feature pool.
- Beaches - Several beaches are located around the resort for relaxation and for children to play in the sand.
- Caribbean Cay - a full acre playground located in the middle of Barefoot Bay with tropical birds.
- Playgrounds - playgrounds are located on the white-sand beaches of Barbados, Jamaica, and Trinidad.
- Marina - watercraft rentals such as pontoon boats, canopy boats, sailboat, pedal boats, and canoes are available on Barefoot Bay.
- Jogging Trail - a 1.2-mile trail is located around Barefoot Bay.
- Volleyball Courts - volleyball courts are located throughout the villages on the beaches.
- Bike Rentals - bike and surrey rentals are available for rent along the island promenade.
In January 2017, plans were filed for resort renovations. The next Disney Vacation Club resort, Disney's Riviera Resort, will be built on the now demolished Barbados and Martinique sections of the resort and will not be a part of the Caribbean Beach Resort.
- "Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort". Walt Disney Company.
- "Permits Filed for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Vacation Club Wing & Expansion". WDWNT.com. January 18, 2017. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "Disney's new Skyliner gondola system just took a major step forward". Orlando Weekly. June 25, 2018. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.|