Disney's PhotoPass is a professional photography service offered at Disney theme parks, water parks, and resorts. Photographers positioned at locations in the theme parks, dining events at the resorts, and at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs or inside Disneyland Resort are linked to a free card containing a unique serial number. Guests can view or purchase PhotoPass pictures at locations in the parks (generally near the park entrance) or online by registering the card's number.
In addition to photographers stationed in front of iconic attractions such as Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom Park, guests can also link photos from select attractions. Guests can also incorporate Disney themed borders, text and characters into their photos. In some locations, photographers stage photos for later inclusion of effects such as fairy wings, or placement of images of Disney characters such as Simba or Stitch. Private photography sessions can also be arranged at Walt Disney World resorts and inside the [Disneyland Resort] Parks.
Disney's Photo Books are produced by Jostens in Topeka, Kansas. Prints and other products are produced by Advanced Digital Photo Solutions, Inc through ezprints.com of the Atlanta suburb of Norcross, Georgia.
Disney Cruise Line
A similar but separate service is offered on the Disney Cruise Line. This service is operated by Image, a company headquartered in the Cayman Islands, which runs similar photographic services on other cruiselines such as Royal Caribbean, Cunnard and Norwegian Cruise Lines. While similar options such as adding Disney themed borders and characters to photos is available, photos taken onboard Disney ships are not available through the Disney PhotoPass website. Cruise Line photos also differ from PhotoPass photos in that a copyright release form is freely available to guests who wish to duplicate prints they've purchased.
- Andrew, Ryan (Mar 13, 2009). "Finding the magic in Disney World". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Sehlinger, Bob; Len Testa (August 27, 2007). The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008. Wiley. p. 401. ISBN 0-470-08963-6.
- "Phototips and Maps". Disney's Photopass. Walt Disney Company.
- Hooper, Michael (January 27, 2007). "Jostens Inc. partners with Disney". Topeka Capitol-Journal..
- L, Kimberly. "Are pictures taken with the PhotoPass on the DCL. Ones that can be added to a store purchased photo CD". Moms Panel. Walt Disney Company.
- "Copyright Release Form". Onboard Photography. Image Group.
- Official website
- The Definitive Guide to Disney's PhotoPass (fan site)
- Disney's PhotoPass Information (fan site)
- PhotoPass locations (fan site)
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|