Disney Character Voices International
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dubbing Disney products|
|Headquarters||United States, Walt Disney Studios (Burbank)|
Disney Character Voices International Inc. is a corporate division of The Walt Disney Company with primary responsibility for the provision of translation and dubbing services for all Disney productions including those by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Disney Music Group, and Disney Media Distribution.
List of languages by DCVI
Most of Disney's productions officially appear in the following global languages after the original English language. Obviously, the exceptions are when the original language of the production is not English, which is very rare.
Dubbings systematically released
Languages in which all Disney movies are regularly released:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Canadian French
- Cantonese Chinese
- Castilian Spanish
- European French
- European Portuguese
- Latin Spanish
- Mandarin Chinese (China)
- Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan)
Dubbings occasionally released
Languages in which only one or few Disney movies have been dubbed:
- Austrian German
- Galician (Bedknobs and Broomsticks)
- Hawaiian (Moana)
- Māori (Moana)
- Rioplatense Spanish
- Tahitian (Moana)
- Zulu (The Lion King)
Dubbings released on TV channels only
Languages in which one or several Disney movies have been dubbed for TV:
Unofficial and semiofficial Disney dubbings
There's a number of partially or fully independent studios (usually local TV stations) which have dubbed one or several Disney movies in their local languages:
- Abaza (The Lion King)
- Arabic - Jeem TV
- Armenian - Public Television company of Armenia
- Austrian German
- Crimean Tatar
- Nogai (The Lion King)
- Sinhala - Hiru TV, Independent Television Network
- Tagalog - Synchresis
- "Meet Rick Dempsey". disneyexaminer.com. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "Moana Hawaiian Translation Project | Academy for Creative Media System". Academy for Creative Media System. 2017-08-08. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Speak Māori (2017-06-08), Te Reo Māori Moana Casting, retrieved 2017-07-14
- "Moana". Charguigou. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "'Moana' to be First Disney Film Translated Into Tahitian Language". Entertainment Weekly's EW.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Zulu". Charguigou. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- "MOVIESINARM.Ru Ֆիլմեր, մուլտֆիլմեր և սերիալներ բացարձակապես հայերեն լեզվով". MOVIESINARM.Ru Ֆիլմեր, մուլտֆիլմեր և սերիալներ բացարձակապես հայերեն լեզվով (in Armenian). Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Synchresis Inc. | Dubbing | Philippines". Synchresis Inc. | Dubbing | Philippines. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|